Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7 Master List Installer

Default Concordant

Robin,

My Grandfather spent his life helping the Concordant Publishing Concern. Thanks so much for including it for us. I just purchased Bible Works 7 because of this inclusion.

Thanks
    Cameron

Default Clv

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    Robin,

My Grandfather spent his life helping the Concordant Publishing Concern. Thanks so much for including it for us. I just purchased Bible Works 7 because of this inclusion.

Thanks
    Cameron

No problem. I'm glad I could just help out in any way.

I now realize I only had a version of the Concordant NT to convert from, but if I ever get a old of the Concordant OT, I'll update it as well.

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Andrews University Theological Seminary
    Berrien Springs, MI

Robin,

I can easily get you a copy of the OT and the New Testament commentary. Can you make commentary modules? Is this a huge undertaking? I don't want to burden you, but that would excite my family greatly to see the Concordant version propagated.

Thanks
    Cameron

Default Concordant

Hi Cameron,

Yes, the best format for me would be either in a plain-text or a Word document (also preferrably in one large document rather than split into separate books). Any other format would require more time (and more effort) for me to convert.

If you send me the files, I'll update the Master List for you. You can upload it to megaupload or rapidshare and post the download link here or if you prefer to contact me privately, you can email it to me.

Also commentary modules shouldn't be a problem -- more or less the same procedure.

By the way, I converted most of these Bible versions from modules for other platforms (e.g. e-sword, sword project, etc.) There's really no telling how reliable they are in terms of accuracy. On a number of occasions, I would find a large number of errors (e.g. verse numbering errors, broken or misplaced text, etc.) throughout a given bible. If you could just briefly scan over a couple of verses throughout the Concordant NT and let me know if it looks more or less right, I would also be grateful.

Robin
    Last edited by song_robin; 07-06-2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default Installer File Size

Robin, perhaps this has been addressed so forgive me if I repeat. I have dial up and a 95 meg download is onerous to say the least. Are there any other ways to get access to the databases without using this installer? BTW, you have done alot of work and I am sure many are quite grateful for it all. Even if I can't use the databases, thanks!

Default Thank you for the great job!!

Hi Robin,
    Thank you so much for the update.
    Great!!
    I have just installed it.
    Thanks, thanks, and thanks again.
    Blessings to you!

Haejin from Mexico,

Default File Size

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte
    Robin, perhaps this has been addressed so forgive me if I repeat. I have dial up and a 95 meg download is onerous to say the least. Are there any other ways to get access to the databases without using this installer? BTW, you have done alot of work and I am sure many are quite grateful for it all. Even if I can't use the databases, thanks!
    The thought had occurred to me as well. The current installer, although 95MB, is already at maximum compression. If I get a chance next week, I can try to provide a "light" version of the installer pack without any of the userdb files (ddf/txt). This will not affect the viewing of the books in any way and will probably reduce the file size by half. In the meantime, you can always do one of the following:

1. use a downloading utility like Flashget (so that even if your dialup gets disconnected, your unfinished download can remain intact).
    2. use a hi-speed computer to download the file and then copy it to your computer after

Blessings!

Robin

p.s. You can try using Flashget here: http://down5.flashget.com/fgf172.exe
    Last edited by song_robin; 07-07-2006 at 01:17 AM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default You're Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by kimuspr
    Hi Robin,
    Thank you so much for the update.
    Great!!
    I have just installed it.
    Thanks, thanks, and thanks again.
    Blessings to you!

Haejin from Mexico,
    Hi Haejin,

No problem, I'm glad I could be of help!

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Hi Robin,

In regards to the following:

"If I get a chance next week, I can try to provide a "light" version of the installer pack without any of the userdb files (ddf/txt). This will not affect the viewing of the books in any way and will probably reduce the file size by half. In the meantime, you can always do one of the following:

1. use a downloading utility like Flashget (so that even if your dialup gets disconnected, your unfinished download can remain intact).
    2. use a hi-speed computer to download the file and then copy it to your computer after"

Please don't do this on just my account. I know of the download utilities and if I needed the larger file, I would find a way. But, this gave me pause to reflect on how I use BibleWorks relative to other software packages. I think because of the way BibleWorks is set up--external links to other programs and files within those programs--that I will continue to just link to programs like e-sword which may contain other Bible versions. I like having the support outside the confines of BibleWorks itself; that may sound strange. But, I don't really want long menus where I have to search for acronyms for certain versions. My personal preference. And for someone like me, "more" is not necessarily better. A year from now--who knows how things may change.
    Thanks, Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte
    Please don't do this on just my account. I know of the download utilities and if I needed the larger file, I would find a way. But, this gave me pause to reflect on how I use BibleWorks relative to other software packages.
    Hi Joan,

No problem. I may have to eventually go that direction anyways. I think I may have found another pool of Bibles that can be added on. In that case, I'd have no choice but to split the entire lot into 2 downloads -- one for the installed bibles, and one for the ddf/txt files (for advanced users).

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI