Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7 Master List Installer

Default New Update!

I've posted a new update to the Master List: BibleWorks Master List 06/29/06.

12 new Bible Versions included in this one!

Also now available for BibleWorks 6 users as well!

See post #1 to download the whole thing:

Blessings,

Robin

update: the new 07-04-06 installer is now available!
    Last edited by song_robin; 07-06-2006 at 03:19 AM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Andrews University Theological Seminary
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default New Images

Just an update on what the complete list looks like when installed:

Takes up 4 screens on a 1024x768 monitor -- and that's without most of the other languages installed!

update: The new 07/04/06 installer will now give you about 5 screens instead of 4.

Blessings,

Robin
    Last edited by song_robin; 07-06-2006 at 03:47 AM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Exclamation The e-sword update

I think with your latest update to your installer which included The Message Bible among others you might be a bit overzealous. As I understand it E-Sword does have permission to distribute The Message in its program, but I do not believe you have permission to distribute it publicly. If you use it on your own computer, that's between you and The Message Bible copyright owners, but I think it might be a good idea if you hold off on distributing the Message and any other text that is not in the public domain until you have received specific permission. Unless you know different, I would be hesitant...
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    I think with your latest update to your installer which included The Message Bible among others you might be a bit overzealous. As I understand it E-Sword does have permission to distribute The Message in its program, but I do not believe you have permission to distribute it publicly. If you use it on your own computer, that's between you and The Message Bible copyright owners, but I think it might be a good idea if you hold off on distributing the Message and any other text that is not in the public domain until you have received specific permission. Unless you know different, I would be hesitant...
    Yes, Robin -

Michael is correct on this. Your service in creating this installer has been fantastic and much appreciated.

However, we do need to be very careful to honor and respect copyrights. If BibleWorks users violate copyrights then the owners of these products could hold BibleWorks liable which would in the end hurt all of us.

Not to mention it is just wrong.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

I see a couple more problems with your list.
    In BW7 the abbreviation CAB is used for the Castilian Bible Version (Spanish). For my own use I have renamed the Complete Apostles' Bible ABC (Apostles' Bible Complete), so that it won't overwrite the CAB that comes with BW7. By the way, I know that you have permission to distribute this translation, even though it is very new (see below).
    I have worked out an extensive verse map file for ABC & CEV. I can make them available to everyone who downloaded these versions. But it would be better if I could just send along these verse map files to be included in the download. To whom should I send them?
    The Peshitta translations were recently made available directly from BW itself. I doubt if you would want to install your versions over those supplied from BW.
    Finally, I would second the caution about using any version less than 70 years old. They are all techinically still under copyright protection. You really should have permission from the publishers of each before you make them available on this list.
    In Christ,
    Mark Eddy
    Quote Originally Posted by song_robin
    This is the Complete BibleWorks "Master List" available for download in a self-extracting executable. (This is the 06/29/06 Updated Master List).

This latest package includes:

Books & Resources
    ALT (Analytical-Literal Translation NT (2000))
    AMP (Amplified Bible, The (1965))
    CAB (Complete Apostles' Bible (2004))
    CEV (Contemporary English Version (1995))
    ETH (Etheridge Peshitta NT Translation (1849))
    ISV (International Standard Version NT (1998))
    LEW (Lewis Peshitta NT Translation (1896))
    LIT (Literal Translation Of The Holy Bible (2000))
    MGI (Magiera Peshitta NT Translation (2006))
    MKJ (Modern King James Version (1962))
    MSG (Message Bible, The (2002))
    TEV (Today's English Version (Good News Bible) (1992))
    Book Name Files
    Mark Eddy's book name file (05/01/2004?)

Robin

P.S. For more information on the compilation & contibutors of the Master List, click here: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

Default Thank you Robin

Great!!
    You r the best!
    Thank you so much for sharing it.
    God bless,

Default Update Pack

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm currently working on the next update.
    I will try to implement all of the suggestions in it. Here is what will be changed already:
    - remove MSG (Message Bible, The (2002))
    - rename CAB (Complete Apostles' Bible) to ABC (Apostles' Bible Complete)
    - remove ETH (Etheridge Peshitta NT Translation (1849))
    - remove LEW (Lewis Peshitta NT Translation (1896))
    - remove MGI (Magiera Peshitta NT Translation (2006))
    - remove NOR (Norton Peshitta NT Translation (1851))

Please let me know if this sounds right to everyone. The next update will hopefully have the following bible versions:
    - 20T Twentieth Century New Testament
    - ACV A Conservative Version
    - AKJ American King James Version
    - BWE Bible In Worldwide English NT
    - COM The Common Edition: New Testament
    - EMB Emphasized Bible (Rotherham)
    - J2K English Jubilee 2000 Bible
    - LIO Living Oracles NT
    - MNT Montgomery New Testament
    - OJB Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha, The
    - RKN Revised King James New Testament
    - RNK Restored Name King James Version
    - TYN William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530)
    - WEV World English Bible
    - WYC John Wycliffe Bible (1395)
    - NCV New Chinese Version (Simplified)
    - NC5 New Chinese Version (Traditional)

As for now, I found a few new obstacles in this project that I have not yet been able to overcome; this project may either take off really quickly (like the other 12 Bibles which I was able to convert in one night) or it may take some time to finish. Please pray for me that I can find a way to get these out to you all.

This is really only a little hobby of mine and I am really busy (probably like most of you) with several other ministries that I'm trying to juggle right now.

Blessings to you all!

Robin
    p.s. If you can post some feedback on the Bibles I'm working on, I'd appreciate it (e.g. redundant Bibles, redundant abbreviations, etc.)
    p.p.s Mark, I would suggest that you post your file(s) for download on the forum here -- that way everyone will be able to get them now and I'll be sure to include it in this next update. Right now, there's no telling how long this update will take. Thanks for everything!
    Last edited by song_robin; 06-30-2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Quote Originally Posted by song_robin
    p.s. If you can post some feedback on the Bibles I'm working on, I'd appreciate it (e.g. redundant Bibles, redundant abbreviations, etc.)
    I know this is more personal preference than anything, but I checked out your files. Instead of lumping all of the Bible versions in the \userdb\ directory, I put them all in subfolders according to their three letter abbreviation. This makes things a little more tidy, esp when numerous files have with them readme.txt files. I would request that you do this at least for the databases I provided because the readme.txt files do include copyright and such information in them that credit other sources for the files.

Also a number of the Bible versions made by myself and others include a ???.bww file which you should have the installer put in the database directory because BW uses it to give Version ID info.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    I know this is more personal preference than anything, but I checked out your files. Instead of lumping all of the Bible versions in the \userdb\ directory, I put them all in subfolders according to their three letter abbreviation. This makes things a little more tidy, esp when numerous files have with them readme.txt files. I would request that you do this at least for the databases I provided because the readme.txt files do include copyright and such information in them that credit other sources for the files.

Also a number of the Bible versions made by myself and others include a ???.bww file which you should have the installer put in the database directory because BW uses it to give Version ID info.
    Got it and will do.

Here's the current list of requested changes:

- remove MSG (Message Bible, The (2002))
    - rename CAB (Complete Apostles' Bible) to ABC (Apostles' Bible Complete)
    - remove ETH (Etheridge Peshitta NT Translation (1849))
    - remove LEW (Lewis Peshitta NT Translation (1896))
    - remove MGI (Magiera Peshitta NT Translation (2006))
    - remove NOR (Norton Peshitta NT Translation (1851))
    - separate userdb files into abbreviated folders
    - include all .bww files

Progress report:
    All of your prayers are very much appreciated. The progress on these next stack of Bibles is looking really good. I'll hopefully have something up for everyone by next week.

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default I hope that!!!

Hi Robin,
    When will you add...?

- 20T Twentieth Century New Testament
    - ACV A Conservative Version

- AKJ American King James Version
    - BWE Bible In Worldwide English NT
    - COM The Common Edition: New Testament