7.0 Fix: CJB Update
Update: Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Update (7.012q)
Date: 02/24/06 at 20:38:57
This patch contains the latest Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Update (7.012q). It fixes some formatting errors.
This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.
I am trying to search for words in the CJB and getting very strange results. For instance, I can search for 'right*' and find instances of 'righteousness' but if I try to search for the word 'righteousness' itself, I get no matches. I have downloaded all the updates. BW7. Thanks
There are big problems with searching CJB. If you right click on a word and choose "search on word" most of the time BW7 will state "No Matches in Specified Range." I have no range limits set.
I would guess that there was a problem in compiling this version. For example, supposedly the word "he" exists only once in the entire version (Neh 3:35), but obviously this word is quite numerous.
I also found some instances in which the wrong word is highlighted after a search. (E.g. search for "right" and look at Psa 118:15. The word "hand" in highlighted.)
Until the programmers take a look at this, I suggest doing all your searches with an asterisk at the end, just to make sure you get all the hits you want, even though this will include a lot of hits that you don't want.
Thanks - it's good to know it's not just me!
How to search on transliterated words
How can I search in CJB on Shabbath, Cohen etc?
I don't think you can - I have found the searches completely unreliable even with asterisks, and I can't pick up the italic transliterations at all.
Have you already made an Info to the support-team?
Posting to this thread should notify the support team at BW, since the thread begins with this statement from the programmer:
Originally Posted by markus
"If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update."
I just posted a new CJB update. The old one was putting the files in the wrong place. SO do this:
1. delete all CJB.* files from the BibleWorks root directory.
2. Install the new CJB patch from the Updater as usual.
Let me know if this doesn't take care of it.
There were no CJB files in my BW root directory; they were in the database directory. I deleted them anyway and installed the new version of the patch (I already had installed the old to no effect) but there is no difference in the behaviour.