Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Export Unicode

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    But as far as I know there is no Unicode solution for Word under Windows 98.
    Mike
    Well actually Microsoft guys say that there can be [some kind of?] Unicode in Win 98, but just need some play with their updates and modules.

Anybody interested? - Read about it here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...icode_9i79.asp

Yet I have to say that I run on Win2000 and didn't tested that Win95/98/Me staff for myself.
    Guller Yuri
    MA Student, Bible Studies Dep.
    Hebrew University, Jerusalem
    gullerya@gmail.com

The less time I have left, the more I appreciate it...
    (No, its neither a quotation nor a claim for 'revelation', nothing more then a simple self-expression).

Quote Originally Posted by David Kummerow
    So Davka displays the same as when pasting non-unicode into Word?
    Davka displays perfectly with regard to right-left display, so I'd say it's a Word thing.

In other words, I get --

The clause then the Hebrew, unlike in Word which puts the English to the right of the Hebrew.

Now that I've discovered this "new" (new for me) capability, I've been copying the HNT by chapters into Davka, and it has come off without a hitch so far. It automatically converts to the Davka David font (their main font), points and all, so I don't have to do a thing.

In the WTT, however, it works the same with the points and maqqef and so forth, but one or two accents don't translate properly, which in your case would probably be a deal breaker. It could be something specific to my system since I'm using 98 SE, but I doubt it since it works with the HNT, which doesn't have accents.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 06-18-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos
    In the WTT, however, it works the same with the points and maqqef and so forth, but one or two accents don't translate properly, which in your case would probably be a deal breaker. It could be something specific to my system since I'm using 98 SE, but I doubt it since it works with the HNT, which doesn't have accents.
    But what if you try instead SBL Hebrew in Davka? Is there still a few accent problems, or is everything represented as it should be?

I'm curious to know if Job 7:11 renders correctly, since even in BW it isn't correct. The word in question should be:

That is, is the metheg placed correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by David Kummerow
    That is, is the metheg placed correctly?
    No, the metheg doesn't even show up.

I also used Job as a test case, specifically Job 1:7, and the Darga in the first word, וַיֹּ֧אמֶר, doesn't display properly, and the Zakef Katon in בָּאָ֔רֶץ doesn't display properly either.

I have SBL as my export font in BW. That's the only way I can get it to work at all. If I choose a Davka font within BW, it doesn't work.

I don't know if it's my 98 SE that would be causing this, or if that's just the way it is.

Without accents the export works perfectly. In other words, consonants and vowel points work fine.

I should add that most of the time the accents also display properly, but in some instances, as in the example above, they don't.

Oh, and once I paste from BW into Davka, it won't let me choose SBL for my font. It defaults to Davka's main font, and although I can use any of Davka's fonts, I cannot switch to a Hebrew font outside of Davka's own array.

Perhaps the Note Bene crowd could chime in here and see if it handles all the unicode exports from BW properly.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 06-18-2006 at 11:38 PM.