Thread: BW7 searches in CJB

Default BW7 searches in CJB

I have been trying to search for words in the CJB and getting very odd results - often no matches in the NT, for instance. Search for right* - finds all the 'righteous' words - but search for 'righteous' and gets nothing. Search for 'tz*' finds lots of OT names but no NT tzedakah. I have downloaded all available updates. Any ideas?

Further to this - I have used the BNM to come up with a verse list of all the 'dikaio' words, then using CJB as a display version am going through the list. But each time I move on a verse, it is coming up with a CJB verse from Leviticus, which then changes to the correct CJB NT verse when I click on the verse in the list again!
    Last edited by Karen Spray; 06-12-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Smile Same here

I'm seeing the same search problems here. Just so you know you're not alone.

Thanks - I glad its not just me or BW7 or my computer. I was panicking a bit that some of the other Hebrew and Greek searches on which I was basing my work might have been messed up too and I just hadn't noticed because it's harder to read 'on the fly'.

I am unable to duplicate the problem here. I know we posted a CJB update some time ago. Just to be sure I just reposted it. Grab it and let me know if there is still a problem.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    I am unable to duplicate the problem here. I know we posted a CJB update some time ago. Just to be sure I just reposted it. Grab it and let me know if there is still a problem.

Mike
    Go to Gen 2:10, double clicking on just about every word in that verse produces no hits at all. Seems to be some problem with the word index?
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 06-15-2006 at 04:55 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Oops

I just checked and the patch was being put in the wrong directory. So grab the latest CJB patch and hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks,
    Mike