Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish List for 7+

Default footnotes

As a footnote junkie, I really wish I could add footnotes in the User Notes module.

A hearty AMEN to the footnote suggestion. That would be extremely useful for my sermon notes.

Blessings,
    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

As I said in my review, an auto-update. At present we have to go to Help, then BW on the Internet, then Check for Updates; then if there are any, check them; then say it's okay to restart; then say it's okay to restart again.

Should be like Avant Browser, Maxthon, etc. Auto-check, then say "Updates are available -- want 'em?" Then if I say yes, do the whole thing, don't make me say OK again and again.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    As I said in my review, an auto-update. ...Auto-check, then say "Updates are available -- want 'em?" Then if I say yes, do the whole thing, don't make me say OK again and again.
    I completely agree. I'm a bit of a stickler for staying on top of things and autoupdate is a boon.

One other suggestion though regarding updates. I like to know not only what files are being updated (which the current process does tell us) but I wouldn't mind a brief "changelog".

I'd love to see a quick way to increase and decrease font size. A lot of browsers and other programs have this - a font size + button and a font size - button. In fact, the online text editor I'm using to write this note has it. It would make viewing much easier. As it is, going into options and changing font size is a very cumbersome process.

pt

Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I'd love to see a quick way to increase and decrease font size. A lot of browsers and other programs have this - a font size + button and a font size - button. In fact, the online text editor I'm using to write this note has it. It would make viewing much easier. As it is, going into options and changing font size is a very cumbersome process.

pt
    You can do it in the Editor by hitting Control and then use the mouse wheel up and down. I'm not sure that feature works in any other parts of the program though.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Lightbulb Changelog would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack View Post
    One other suggestion though regarding updates. I like to know not only what files are being updated (which the current process does tell us) but I wouldn't mind a brief "changelog".
    I was looking for this too...it would be nice (along with the auto-update) to know exactly what changed in the updates.

Default Changing font size on the fly

I'd love to see a quick way to increase and decrease font size. A lot of browsers and other programs have this - a font size + button and a font size - button. As it is, going into options and changing font size is a very cumbersome process.

pt
    Here. Here. I'm a new user, but I was very surprised not to find this in BW7. With presentations it's a must to be able to change font size quickly.

Ben
    University of Durham
    Last edited by bcblackwell; 01-02-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Default Collapse Resources in the Resource Summary Tab

I think it would be great if you could collapse the resources in the resource summary tab. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate. With so many lexicons, grammars, and user modules, this would be very helpful in finding what I'm looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

pt
    Ctrl+Shift+ > or < to increase or decrease, respectively. How's that?
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W