Thread: Search Limit suggestion

Default Search Limit suggestion

Suggestion for Search-limit alert in lemma searches

When looking up a non-existing lemma due to search limits that I forgot to turn off, a message appears: "No matches were found but you have search limits set. You may want to turn them off."
    In most cases I do want to turn them off, but that involves several mouse-clicks.
    Suggestion: Change message to: "No matches were found but you have search limits set. Turn off search limits now?" with an option button that would do just that: Yes No -- with 'Yes' automatically re-searching the lemma choice without limits applied)

And a Resource Suggestion:
    I’d like to have W. Mounce’s new Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words (Zondervan, 2006) included in BW. Mounce even mentions Bibleworks in a positive way, even though he's an Accordance user! Nice resource, and good luck with licensing from Zondervan!

Ingo
    Last edited by ingosorke; 01-20-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Default Quick way to clear search limits

Hi Ingo,

A quick way to clear search limits is to press the 'Esc' key to bring the cursor to the Command line, then type the letter 'l' and press 'Enter'. This will clear the search limits.

[Adding search limits is as easy. Type the letter 'l' followed by the desired search range, and press 'Enter'.]

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn. Yes, Esc and l are great timesavers, but even with that a new search without search limits involves 6 clicks, while my suggestion would reduce it to 1. Try it; for example, set search limits to Ob in WTM, go to Gen 1 1, search lemma bara, and count what it takes to re-search that term without search limits. My shortest record is 6 steps/clicks. Plus this horrible long-distance travel from keyboard to mouse when not on a laptop . . . No big deal really, just lazy me!
    Last edited by ingosorke; 01-22-2007 at 02:31 PM.