Thread: Converting BW Fonts to Unicode

Threaded View

Default Converting BW Fonts to Unicode

I'm sold on unicode; that's all I use anymore--Gentium for Greek and SBL Hebrew for Hebrew. I'm convinced of its superiority. It's definitely the way to go, IMO. I have scores of old docs with BW fonts. I'd like to update some of them to unicode.

I've made use of John Kendall's macro for converting bwgrkl to unicode. Thanks, John! But it doesn't seem to work in the footnotes. Should it? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is there any way to easily convert bwgrkl in footnotes? I'd appreciate any help with this.

I'd also like to convert bwhebb to unicode. Has anyone created a macro for this? I'd love to get a hold of it if it is available.

I was really quite surprised that BW7 was not a unicode application. The ability to export to unicode is nice, and the ability to type in unicode in the editor would be nice if it worked properly (I still get ?s for diacriticals), but I was hoping for more unicode functionality. I really wish BW7 had a built-in conversion tool for converting documents with the BW fonts into unicode! That would be very nice. Logos has a conversion tool that will convert their old Greek and Hebrew fonts to unicode. Too bad it doesn't work with BW fonts. Any plans to make something like this available in BW?

Thanks for any help here.

Phil Gons

P.S. I apologize if this is not the right place to post this. Please let me know where to put it if it is not.
    Last edited by pgons; 05-06-2006 at 05:58 PM.