Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linking to Logos or WordSearch

Default Link to commentary series in Libronix

See the following thread, post#97

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...t=1158&page=10

You can also search for a reference in a collection, etc.
    libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=(collection name, with no space, parenthesis, brackets, or anything.)

(Go to tools - Define Collections within Libronix. You can create a Collection which is a combination of any "books" you have in Libronix and the give it a name. For this feature to work w/ BW don't put any spaces or other odd characters in the name of your Libronix collection, e.g Journals, Grammars, CommentarySeries)
    When I created my setup some time ago, I had to create a collection "NewAmericanCommentary." And then, using the above command, configured a reference link in BW7. The other way I've found to be helpful is to setup a Logos workspace with a Bible text, a commentary, and a passage guide window all linked. Then a reference call to active Bible causes the other windows to jump to the same reference. (I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, so this is just by memory.)

I don't know if I've ever posted this, I have a couple of javascript programs which I use to open workplaces in Logos. Thus, you could set up an NAC workplace and open it from within BW7. The script will check whether Logos is running and if not open it. You can then use the "send verse" feature described here elsewhere.

I have saved the following as NTcommentaries.js in the directory ...\program files\Bible Works\jscript. Note the bolded part which is all that needs to be changed to open any workspace.

var objFO = new ActiveXObject("Utility.LbxFileOperations");
    var myDocs = objFO.GetSpecialFolder("Mydocuments");

//See if Libronix is already running

var objLDLS = null;
    try
    {
    objLDLS = GetObject("", "LibronixDLS.LbxApplication");
    }
    catch (e)
    {
    }

//Start Libronix if necessary

if (objLDLS == null)
    {
    objLDLS = new ActiveXObject("LibronixDLS.LbxApplication");
    }

LDLSApp = GetObject("","LibronixDLS.LbxApplication");
    var objXMLDOM = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
    objXMLDOM.load(myDocs + "\\libronix DLS\\Workspaces\\NT Commentaries.lbxwks");
    objLDLS.LoadWorkspace(objXMLDOM,"");
    objLDLS.Visible = true;

It is then necessary to set up an external link. for this, under Web page, File to open, or executable to run, I have:
    jscript/ntcommentaries.js

I actual have mine setup as External Resources under Menu Location or Event, but you could have this option pop up in your context menu from anywhere.

Hope this helps.