Thread: got some time on your hands?

Hybrid View

Thumbs up got some time on your hands?

Is there anyone interested in helping develop more user-databases. I have a couple of items on my wish list but not enough time to do them all. If you're interested, I can explain to you how you can make it happen.

Just for the sake of leading the discussion a couple of the authors I'd like to see in BW are Tacitus and Suetonius. Knowledge of Latin is not necessary for creating these databases, but it will take a fair amount of time.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default User databases

Hi, Michael. I have had some interest in creating user databases, but have lacked the knowledge. Is there a FAQ somewhere on how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by jkragenb
    Hi, Michael. I have had some interest in creating user databases, but have lacked the knowledge. Is there a FAQ somewhere on how to do it?
    You can check out Chapt 38 in the BW help, Compiling Version Databases for the basics. Making them isn't really difficult, just tedious to make sure all of the formatting is correct. If there's something specific you want to convert into a database you can tell me about it and I will try to walk you through the necessary steps.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks, Michael. I'm short on time currently, but I may be back to chat with you about this in the future (if you don't mind).