Thread: 'User Notes' vs. 'Editor'

Default 'User Notes' vs. 'Editor'

Hi

I am very grateful to all who replied to my initial query concerning BW.

Now I want to ask about the relative merits of the 'User Notes' and 'Editor' options in the Analysis Window.

In which is it preferable to keep the results of one's study? Why?

To me keeping results in 'Notes' seems more appropriate. Thus is the 'Editor' option obsolete?

Regards,

NF
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fitzpatrick
    To me keeping results in 'Notes' seems more appropriate.
    User notes is definitely the way to go for the bulk of your work and for having it saved automatically.

The editor is useful for keeping a static window open and for keeping other information available while you move from verse to verse.

Hi Scott

many thanks for your reply.

I am pleased you confirmed that 'User Notes' are preferable to 'Editor' files.

Regards,

NF
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

Thumbs up

It seems to me that it depends on what sort of notes you are taking.

If the notes are verse-by-verse or chapter-by-chapter, then you would use the User Notes tab. However, if your study is more topically based, or something that isn't verse- or chapter-based, then you would use the editor tab.

So I don't think one tab makes the other obsolete at all. They serve different, albeit similar, purposes.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Hi David

many thanks for your reply to my query.

It underlines that 'Notes' are more suitable for me.

The study I am doing uses more that BW. So extra information is in word files in a special folder on my hard disk and in a PowerPoint presentation.

I looked at you web site.

Are you in Atlanta with RTS or in Anchorge?

I used Prof Futato book to try to learnn Hebrew. He is the only RTS academic I am familiar with. I spent a few hours in Anchorage, while flying from London to Tokyo, some years ago.

Regards,

Noel.
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

Red face

Hi Noel,

I am a pastor in Anchorage, Alaska. I received my M.Div from RTS-Orlando in 2004. I studied under Dr. Futato for Hebrew and Genesis-Joshua. He is a good friend and a trusted scholar, in my book. I encourage you to have a longer stay in Anchorage and Alaska sometime - it truly is a wonderful place, year round!
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO