Thread: Renaming Abbreviations

Default Renaming Abbreviations

How do I reconfigure book abbreviations for exporting to an editer? I want to use the SBL Handbook abbreviations which omit periods after the book nnames among other things. I figured out how to do it in BibleWorks 6 but I cannot figure out how to do it in 7. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrayPilgrim
    How do I reconfigure book abbreviations for exporting to an editer? I want to use the SBL Handbook abbreviations which omit periods after the book nnames among other things. I figured out how to do it in BibleWorks 6 but I cannot figure out how to do it in 7. Thanks
    This is information contained in bookname files, which are just text files (meaning you can change them with Notepad, Wordpad or the like). If you go to Tools: Options go to the Tab called Book Names. Pointing the mouse in this area press F1 to learn more about it. Otherwise as far as I understand all you want to do is click open and use the file name books_sbl.bna. If you don't want those booknames, you can simply edit that file in a text editor to whatever you want for Exporting names, save it and then use that within BW.

Make sense?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile

Thank you for your response, that will be quite helpful.