Thread: BibleWorks online help notes

Default BibleWorks online help notes

I have been searching through the online help notes of BW7 trying to determine if there is a list that explains what the various symbols mean. For example, on the command line there is a green box which is divided into four sections when you limit a search the top left quadrant of the box becomes yellow. Is there a help note which indicates what the other three quandrants indicate and how to clear each of them?

cmh.

There's something in the help somewhere, but I'm at work without my laptop.

One indicates that some limits are set, one indicates vowel-sensitive searching, one indicates whether cross-version searching is in effect (ie. search KJV, NRS, and Josephus for a particular word), and I forget the last one. Accent-sensitive searching?
    Ben

Hi Chris,

Put your curser on the button in question and press F1. Here is what help says:

This button also provides a graphical indication of whether or not certain features have been set. If you execute a search and get an error message it may be that you have simply forgotten that an option has been set. For example, you may have forgotten that you have search limits set and are puzzled that a search did not find any verses. The visual indicators provide an easy way to tell whether or not certain options are set. The visual indicator is a green box on the left hand side of the button. It is divided into 4 quadrants. Each quadrant represents a specific feature and it will turn yellow if the feature is turned on or is active. The quadrants are as follows:

Top Left: This is yellow if you have any search limits set.
    Bottom Left: This is yellow if you have any cross version search options set.
    Top Right: This is yellow if accent-sensitive searching is on for the current search version or if "smart apostrophes" is turned on for English versions.
    Bottom Right: This is yellow if you are using a Hebrew version and Hebrew vowel-sensitive searching is on.

Hope this helps,

John Fidel

Thank you John.....that helps...

Hi Chris

you write:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hatton
    I have been searching through the online help notes of BW7 trying to determine if there is a list that explains what the various symbols mean.
    You can find what the buttons mean in a concise way by going to 'help' -> 'online help' and then in 'contents' selecting '9 The Button Bar'.

I find this a useful summary.

Regards,

Noel.
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland