Thread: copy range of verses

Hybrid View

Unhappy copy range of verses

I cannot make the copy center copy this range of verses:

mat 27:57-66, mar 15:42-46, luk 23:50-56, joh 19:38-42

"The specified range is invalid or does not occur in the current search version"

It will, however, copy each set separately ie mat 27:57-66

suggestions ?
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

One way that you do this is by searching for each range one at a time, then import the results into a "verse list" incrementally. When your verse list has all the verses you want, you can then export the list into your seach pane. You can also save the verse list for future references.
    Last edited by Comet; 04-07-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Steve MacKenzie
    Bellevue, WA

Quote Originally Posted by billcapel
    I cannot make the copy center copy this range of verses:

mat 27:57-66, mar 15:42-46, luk 23:50-56, joh 19:38-42

"The specified range is invalid or does not occur in the current search version"

It will, however, copy each set separately ie mat 27:57-66

suggestions ?
    I would forward your problem on to tech support here. From what I understand your list should work ok (but it doesn't work on my computer either), so there must be some catch in the code that needs to be straightened out. So tell them about it, they should be able to come to the bottom of it and then you can let us know.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    ...From what I understand your list should work ok (but it doesn't work on my computer either)....
    Thanks -- important to know I am not the only one! I have sent it on to tech support as you suggested.
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Default not designed to handle ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    I would forward your problem on to tech support here. From what I understand your list should work ok (but it doesn't work on my computer either), so there must be some catch in the code that needs to be straightened out. So tell them about it, they should be able to come to the bottom of it and then you can let us know.
    Michael, here is the response I got from Israel Cartier:
    "The Range of Verses field is not designed to handle multiple book, chapter and verse references at once. You will need to copy the references in succession."

My memory is that version 6 would copy such a series of references--but was often flakely.

OTOH, I noticed it successfully copied 1Jo 1:1-2:2--ie verses that spanned two chapters; my memory is that v6 would not do this.

Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Good to know. I'm not sure if it is a matter of my misreading the Help file or maybe it just isn't crystal clear. Now that I know the official answer, I can read that answer back into the Help file, but when I read:

Range of Verses - The reference or range of verses that you enter here will be copied. Examples of what to enter in the Range text area include "Gal 1:1", "Gen 5:1-10", "1Th 1:1-1Ti 1:1".

I guess I assumed it could do multiple books and such, but in the example I see how it wasn't meaning you could do all of those books at once, but on separate occasions, thus the quotation marks. But I'm glad you have an official answer anyway
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!