Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly Question - Changing Splash Screen Times...

Cool Silly Question - Changing Splash Screen Times...

Ok, so here's a silly question for you.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the times for the splash screens. If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night.

So, is it possible to change the times these appear?

Like I said, silly question.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones
    Ok, so here's a silly question for you.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the times for the splash screens. If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night.

So, is it possible to change the times these appear?

Like I said, silly question.
    You can change your computer clock. Otherwise no. They're fun little bonuses from the programmers to you.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default DP in the mug

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones
    ...If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night...
    Actually, from what I hear, we're looking at Dr. Pepper in that mug!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Oh, snap!

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack
    Actually, from what I hear, we're looking at Dr. Pepper in that mug!
    I'll just keep pretending it's coffee, then. Blech - DP in the morning?
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

I wake up to a good DP every morning! Highly recommended! -k

... and just to add another silly question what splash screen are you talking about? I don't see any mug or any coffee/Dr Pepper when I run the program...

Rubén Gómez

The splash screen appears when you start BW7, then it fades away. You may have it turned off. Go to Tools, Options, Startup Options, and see if the box is checked for "Show splash screen at startup."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Johnson
    The splash screen appears when you start BW7, then it fades away. You may have it turned off. Go to Tools, Options, Startup Options, and see if the box is checked for "Show splash screen at startup."
    I have that box checked, that's why I'm a bit confused. Was this "feature" added after the first release version perhaps?

Rubén Gómez

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Gomez
    I have that box checked, that's why I'm a bit confused.
    Ruben,

The splash screen changes formats depending on the time of day. The mug can be seen in the morning, then later (I'm not sure what times it changes) the mug disappears, etc.

By the way, do you know how to find how many words are in a particular string of verses? It seems this was covered once, but I can't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos
    Ruben,

The splash screen changes formats depending on the time of day. The mug can be seen in the morning, then later (I'm not sure what times it changes) the mug disappears, etc.

By the way, do you know how to find how many words are in a particular string of verses? It seems this was covered once, but I can't recall.
    The only splash screen I get is the usual Paul and Silas scene (I think it's Paul and Silas, anyway). No mugs, or any other worldly thing

As for the other issue you raise, I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Could you please rephrase it and/or give an example of what you are after - preferably under another thread. I haven't had any coffee 'cause I have no mug in my BW, you see...