Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Resource Summary - No Update

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGVH
    I'm having the Resource Summary window refresh problem now as well.
    I updated to 15k, and then regressed back to 15e but without success.
    Everything else is fine. (Word Analysis....)

    I had just installed the Isaiah Scroll index module, but I removed the files and restarted and it made no difference.
    Does it work, if you press the Shift key while you hover the mouse over a word in the browse window? If it does, you may have selected the Update When Shift Key Pressed Only, that is accessible with a right-click in the Word Analysis window. It affects both the Word Analysis and the Resource Summary window.

    Georg

  2. #22

    Default Refresh failure with Resource Summary window

    That was a good idea about the Shift toggle, but that is not the problem. Word Analysis does work correctly. Tried turning off/on, but problem is still not resolved. I took a chance and updated the school computer to .015m, and it still does work properly. It's something strange going on...
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    838

    Default

    I guess it goes without saying that you should make sure that you have the latest executable. Some problems similar to this were fixed a while back. If that doesn't fix it you should send tech support your INI file.

    It should never be necessary to reinstall unless you have corrupted files.

    You can backup the INI file and then initialize it to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't you can restore the INI file.

    Yes, ME was a grotesque mistake. After 2000 people said that the Millenium Bug was a false alarm. Wrong. Windows ME was the Millenium Bug :-) You should be able to get an upgrade copy of Win 98 SE (a decent OS) now if you can't afford XP.

    Mike

  4. #24

    Default Solution to Resource Window Refresh problem

    The non-refreshing Resource Window so annoyed me that I compared my bw700.ini file with a default one generated by the program.

    Look for the line:

    iautoresource=#

    The # in my ini file was 0, but in the default ini file it is 1.
    I switched the value from 0 to 1, saved the file, restarted BW and now the Resource Window works as it should.

    So, if you are having this issue, try using Notepad to open your bw700.ini file (located in the /Program Files/BibleWorks7/ directory). Search for the iautoresource line and make sure it reads:
    iautoresource=1

    No guarantees, but this worked for me...
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGVH
    iautoresource=#

    The # in my ini file was 0, but in the default ini file it is 1.
    I switched the value from 0 to 1, saved the file, restarted BW and now the Resource Window works as it should.

    So, if you are having this issue, try using Notepad to open your bw700.ini file (located in the /Program Files/BibleWorks7/ directory). Search for the iautoresource line and make sure it reads:
    iautoresource=1

    No guarantees, but this worked for me...
    Thank you for your annoyance-motivated perseverance! This solved the problem for me.

    Note to those who try the fix: the <iautoresource> line follows the <iautoupdateresource> line. Don't let that confuse you as it did me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •