Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.0: ESV Update

Default 7.0: ESV Update

Update: English Standard Version Update (7.013s)
    Date: 03/29/06 at 17:08:12

This patch contains the latest English Standard Version files. It adds marginal notes and cross references from the printed edition. It requires version 13s or later of the executable, which was popsted with this update. Be sure you update the executable or the cross references will not work properly.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Default more goodies :)

Nice update! Thanks!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Excellent!

Thanks! This is a very helpful update. I frequently use the ESV.

We sure appreciate the hard work you all do in keeping things running smoothly!

Default TSK cross references

Did you intend the the TSK cross references no longer be displayed? I would appreciate having them returned as well.

The TSK references will appear with the KJV (which they were actually written for) and other English versions that don't have their own cross refs (like NAS). In this respect the ESV behaves in a way similar to the NAS/NAU.
    Mike

Another solution would be to pop up the TSK notes if you're rather attached to them. Acutally if you go to Misc Resources and TSK, the popup contains more information than simply the cross-refs, it's rather useful.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Default ESV superscript notes

I can not seem to get any notes for the ESV translation for superscripted notes. I see the cross references. I am using BWW 7.0.014n. Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by bshauger
    I can not seem to get any notes for the ESV translation for superscripted notes. I see the cross references. I am using BWW 7.0.014n. Can someone help me?
    Have you clicked on the "Versions Notes Toggle" button on the button bar? That way you'll see in the browse window which verses have notes. Not all verses contain notes, so you won't always see them in the Word Analysis window.
    Mark Eddy

Default ESV Notes

Yes, the notes are turned on and I can see the superscripts in the text but only the cross references show up on the side. For instance, Gen 22:14 shows two notes that are in the ESV text but I can't seem to display the footnotes in Bibleworks.

Quote Originally Posted by bshauger
    Yes, the notes are turned on and I can see the superscripts in the text but only the cross references show up on the side. For instance, Gen 22:14 shows two notes that are in the ESV text but I can't seem to display the footnotes in Bibleworks.
    Odd, they work fine for me:

ESV Notes (Gen 22:14)

Notes:
    a )ver. 8
    1 )Or will see
    2 )Or he will be seen
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!