Thread: Maintaining display version after Greek search

Default Maintaining display version after Greek search

Despite the updates, in my copy of BW8, the display/search version in the browse window still changes to the Greek version I use for doing a search on lemmas, etc.; i.e., from NAU to BNT. It does this in any English version, no matter what Greek version I may use. Oddly enough, it functions properly when searching for a Hebrew word. Evidently, several patches have been created to correct this but to no avail in my case. Help!

John Cornette
    Mebane, NC

johnco@mebtel.net

It sounds to me as if BibleWorks is doing exactly what it should. If you do a lemma search on a Greek word, a Greek version should display in the browse window. What do you want it to do?
    E.g. what version(s) do you have open in the browse window? How do you do a lemma search? (I.e. do you right click on a Greek word in the browse window, or do you type a version abbreviation on the command line and then type a lemma? etc.) Are you in single version or multiple version mode in the browse window? Which "Browse Window Configuration Options" do you have checked?
    All this makes a difference in what displays in the browse window after searches.
    Mark Eddy

Default Actually, it's not.

I have used BW for many moons and this is not how previous editions worked. One of BW's people acknowledged it was a problem in need of correction as well. As I noted, it is not an issue when searching Hebrew texts. The display (search) version in the main browse window may be, for example, the NAU, with the window toggled to display all my active versions. So, I would go to the BNT and search for a word and after the search, the display version becomes the BNT rather than remaining as the NAU. The guy at BW told me that for the present I could simply use the right mouse button to re-select the display version to be the NAU.
    It is not a major issue but it can be incovenient.

John Cornette