Thread: 7.0 Philo Update

Hybrid View

Default 7.0 Philo Update

Update: Works of Philo (7.013f)
    Date: 03/18/06 at 19:08:20

This patch contains the latest update to the Works of Philo. It corrects a large number of tagging errors introduced during automatic processing.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Default updates problems

I am not able to download the updates, it gives me an error message and tells me that I may not have enough disk space. However, I have plenty of disk space and don't know what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Weezie View Post
    I am not able to download the updates, it gives me an error message and tells me that I may not have enough disk space. However, I have plenty of disk space and don't know what the problem is.
    There are several things that can happen to cause that. You will want to try each of these and try to install the update again after each attempt.

The first thing you will want to check is that you do not have disk quotas enabled. Sometimes, even if you did and then turned them off, some programs will see the restrictions in effect. Make sure quotas are turned off or increased to allow the installation. Also run Disk Cleanup.

Next, open a command prompt and type (on one line without quotes) "chkdsk c: /f /r" and hit enter. When prompted, type 'y' and hit enter again. Then restart your system and wait for between 20 minutes to 2.5 hours depending upon the size of your hard disk. Sometimes, free space is not correctly reported to the operating system due to corruption or other hard disk issue. This will fix that.

Then, check your swap file size. Sometimes the size is incorrectly reported to the operating system. This is very rare but I have seen it happen.

Finally, if you do not need the files empty System Restore by turning it off and then back on again when the process is complete. This can remove many megabytes of unused files.

Hope this helps.