Thread: Stong's anomaly? KJV & NAU vs KJG

Default Stong's anomaly? KJV & NAU vs KJG

Two questions/issues: no strong's data in KJG and strong's data is different between KJV and NAU.

Great program!!!!!

BibleWorks Version Numbers
    BibleWorks CD version: 7 0 1
    Program version: 7.0.012y

++++++++++++++++=

Strong's is on and I have KJG, KJV, and NAU (among others) displayed, I am on GEN1:1 "God <0430>"

The i-beam cursor on KJG doesn't bring up any strong's stuff in the word analysis window.

In KJV it brings up:
    0430 ~yhil{a/ 'elohiym {el-o-heem'}
    Meaning: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive - singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God
    Origin: plural of 0433; TWOT - 93c; n m p
    Usage: AV - God 2346, god 244, judge 5, GOD 1, goddess 2, great 2, mighty 2, angels 1, exceeding 1, God-ward + 04136 1, godly 1; 2606

In NAU it brings up:
    <0430> ~yhil{a/ elohim (43b)
    Meaning: God, god
    Origin: pl. of 433
    Usage: divine(1), divine being(1), exceedingly(1), God(2326), god(45), God's(14), goddess(2), godly(1), gods(204), great(2), judges(3), mighty(2), rulers(1), shrine*(1).

++++++++++++++++++

BibleWorks Version Numbers
    BibleWorks CD version: 7 0 1
    Program version: 7.0.012y
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Default Try KJG with latest exe

Dear Bill,

Try the latest exe. The Strong's tags weren't working in KJG for me, either, but they are now working with a later exe. Perhaps it fixes the problem for you, too. If not, please send in a bug report to support@bibleworks.com.

The NAU and NAS use a different set of data than the KJV. The NAU and NAS use the New American Standard dictionary definitions. The tagging is different, too.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver
    ...they are now working with a later exe. Perhaps it fixes the problem for you, too. If not, please send in a bug report to support@bibleworks.com.
    Glenn
    Oh Great, <sigh>. I am up to 7.013b and it is still not doing right -- so I have sent a bug report.

Thanks for your response.
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Default A slick solution -- thanks Israel!

Israel Cartier tells me, correctly, that the KJV contains Strong's Codes, Geneva Bible Notes, and Matthew Henry Notes -- an all in one stop.
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver
    Try the latest exe. The Strong's tags weren't working in KJG for me, either, but they are now working with a later exe. Glenn
    The Strong's tags for KJG aren't working for me, either -- 7.013b Gamma.

Vince