Thread: Problems running Bibleworks with other programs

Default Problems running Bibleworks with other programs

Okay, first off, I love the software and I'm a recent convert from Accordance on the Mac OSX.

When I run Bibleworks 7, it works wonderfully almost all the time. There are just rare occasions where it doesn't like sharing with other programs, specifically iTunes. When I try minimizing one prgram, it messes up the display on Bibleworks and despite any amount of patience it won't recover unless I quit Bibleworks and restart. And it never messes the other program up, just Bibleworks. When I say mess up, just the common missing patches and slow response time.

I'm fairly computer literate and my ram is sufficient for my purposes. Generally, I'm just running these few programs. Like I said, it works almost all the time, I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else or just me.

Thanks.

You should probably try contacting tech support if you haven't. Are there other programs you can name other than iTunes that are causing problems? I personally haven't had any problems running BW7 and iTunes. The only problem even close to this I have (but which seems to be caused by something else) is that if I watch a DVD using PowerDVD program and then close PowerDVD, it causes BW to crash, but like I said that's pretty obscure (I don't usually watch DVDs and use BW at the same time ) But this isn't anything like the font issues you seem to be describing

The other kink I'm working out w BW (hopefully) is the problems the beta of IE7 seems to be causing. A small word of advice: stick w Firefox or Opera

oh, and going from Mac to PC, what's up with that? I thought the trend was just the opposite?
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 03-10-2006 at 07:28 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

My computer is fairly new and I just finished installing 29 updates, so I am hoping that may have solved the problem. Earlier, the same problem occured with Mozilla Firefox, so it's not limited to iTunes alone.

As for the whole switch from Mac, lets just say that the security and reliability that was promised didn't come true. Less than four months into the life of my iBook, the hard disk failed taking much of my school work with it at a very critical time in the semester. Not to mention, the Accordance bible software is simply too expensive. It was nice, just not that nice. Plus, their support is nowhere near BibleWorks!

Well, after a little more investigation I have noticed that the problem most often occurs when I minimize another program. Switching doesn't seem to upset bibleworks too much. The same applies when I close some programs, that sudden loss of a window has a strange effect on the bibleworks display.

These are the common effects of the problem:
    1. Small patches missing in the search window
    2. All buttons are functional but invisible
    3. Loss of all tagging features
    4. The scrolling arrows and bar are either missing or not functional
    As I mentioned before, the performace is still almost perfect aside from not seeing some stuff. The searches are just as fast and accurate. The fonts are clean. I just can't figure this out.

Anyway, let me know if anyone else sees these problems.

Nathan,

Can you send me your INI file **saved after symptoms appear**. That will help a lot.

Mike