Thread: 7.0 Fix: Crash on Invalid Link

Default 7.0 Fix: Crash on Invalid Link

Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.012x)
    Date: 03/14/06 at 15:02:12

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable. This release fixes a problem in the editor that was causing a crash if the user entered an invalid Scripture reference in a hypertext link.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Post Doesn't fix WCS links...

Mike,

A few weeks ago I emailed tech support about a crash that happened when trying to link to the Westminster Standards. After inserting the link and then hovering over the link, BW freezes, the crash dialogue box pops up, but everything is frozen - you can't select anything. The only way to close the program is through Task Manager.

I thought this patch might be addressing that issue. Apparently, that is not the case. The same crash still happens.

Just wanted to let you know.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Hi Dogfish (interesting name),
    Sorry about the delay. We are quite swamped. But I will get on this today.
    Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 03-15-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Smile No problem..

Oh, I didn't mean my post to rush y'all or sound complaining. I was just letting you know that it didn't correct that particular issue, and I thought it would since it sounded like they were related.

I fully understand how swamped y'all are and am more than glad to wait.

btw - the name comes from a Mike Knott album of the same name. Interesting tale.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO