Thread: 7.0 Preview Fix: Random Crash

Default 7.0 Preview Fix: Random Crash

Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.012u)
    Date: 03/07/06 at 14:00:55

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable.
    This patch fixes a crash bug that occurs randomly with mouse cursor movement. The crash usually occurs when the cursor moves over the Version ID in the Browse Window. The fix may have undesired side effects so it will remain a Preview update until it has been tested.

This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the update you must enter the word "preview" (no quotes) in the Updater Access Code Window, accessed from the Options Menu. If you are not comfortable running a preview version you can wait until the changes are tested and a non-preview version is posted. This will usually not take more than a day or two.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

I have version 7.0.12s. The last two updates do not show up on the updater. It says there are no new updates.

Everything had been working fine. As far as I know I haven't changed anything.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by arggem; 03-07-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Default updates

A) Note that Mike has indicated that these are only PREVIEW updates. Use at your own risk or else wait for a certified update.
    B) To get these preview updates, go to Options in the update box, then "Enter Access Codes," and type in "preview"
    Preview updates should now also show up.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH
    A) Note that Mike has indicated that these are only PREVIEW updates. Use at your own risk or else wait for a certified update.
    I'm stuck at version "s" and can't even get "t", which is not a preview update. http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329
    B) To get these preview updates, go to Options in the update box, then "Enter Access Codes," and type in "preview"
    Preview updates should now also show up.
    Right, they should, but don't.

I used to have many random crashes when moving the mouse. Since installing this update, I have not had a crash. Appreciate the work on this.

Default "U" update!

I updated to the U preview version. I've been working BW7 hard now all day on both my home and work computers... and not a crash! Previously I would have had at least a half dozen or so.
    The "U" update is great by me! Thanks.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools