Thread: Really cool website

Default Really cool website

I wanted to alert you all about a fantastic website called InscriptiFact. It contains a very large collection (which continues to grow daily) of all things related to Biblical Studies. You can access extremely high-quality photos taken in different lights, angles, of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the major Greek manuscripts, Semitic inscriptions, Ugaritic material, Sumerian--everything. They even include Aramaic incantation bowls, latin epigraphy, proto-Sinaitic inscriptions, Nabatean, etc...

This is a great opportunity to access the primary data of the ancient Near East and Mediterranean world--something that has only been recently made available. Although looking at the texts/tablets that we study may appear to only be the obligatory excersize for academics, I would strongly encourage those of you in more church-related ministries to take a look at this. After all, the people of The Book Which Can't Be Named lived in a context.

This is a really fantastic website and I encourage you to check it out. It's mainly run through USC and you have to fax in a request for a username/password.

Cool cool place, no address

Hi Jake
    Could you pass on the web address, please?
    Also what is USC?
    David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

At the risk of making you feel too naive: http://www.inscriptifact.com/
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

USC = University of Southern California. It's a fairly large (and prestigious) college with a good football team.

Default Usc?

Hi Jake.
    Not all contributors to this website are American.
    However, I have heard of Chico University and I have purchased 2 books in the Harvard University bookshop when I visited Boston in 2003.
    David McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Gontroppo
    Hi Jake.
    Not all contributors to this website are American.
    However, I have heard of Chico University and I have purchased 2 books in the Harvard University bookshop when I visited Boston in 2003.
    David McKay
    My apologies.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody use this website?

Quote Originally Posted by jakemccarty
    My apologies.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody use this website?

Well I shall now that I am aware of it! If only BW had the Hebrew inscriptions, though!

David Kummerow.