Thread: 7.0 Fix: Robinson-Pierpont GNT

Default 7.0 Fix: Robinson-Pierpont GNT

Update: Robinson-Pierpont Greek NT (7.012r)
    Date: 03/02/06 at 10:52:29

This patch contains the latest Robinson-Pierpont Greek New Testament (BYZ and BYM). It fixes some serious problems in the morphology database in Revelation. This may have been causing some of the recent crashes as well.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Thumbs down Problem introduced with 7.0.012s

I ran the update and got the following message:
    Warning: One of the files in the patch was unsuccessfully updated. This occus when the original files from the CD are not in place when the updateer is first run.

This doesn't seem right, since I uninstalled my old version (6.0) and did a fresh full install for version 7.0 so I wouldn't introduce problems. I figured I could reset my preferences one time in the newer version and didn't even try to carry over my *.ini file.
    It can also occur if you have deleted or modifed your BibleWorks patches folder.

I haven't. All I've done is regular run the updater and accept all new updates.
    If you have copied over an installation from another system....

I haven't. I run it only on one computer, and did the fresh full instal on it alone.
    You can remedy this problem simply by reinstalling BibleWorks or running the Repair option from the CD setup, and then making sure that the "patches" subfolder is completely gone. After doing that, yo should be able to apply the updates.

Don't like that idea at all. Did it once when applying an update to version 6.0 didn't work, and it proved a pain. Had to redo my settings, etc. What if I wait for 7.0.012t to repair this error introduced in 7.0.012s?

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann
    I ran the update and got the following message:
    Warning: One of the files in the patch was unsuccessfully updated. This occus when the original files from the CD are not in place when the updateer is first run.

This doesn't seem right [deleted lot of stuff here ...] Don't like that idea at all. Did it once when applying an update to version 6.0 didn't work, and it proved a pain. Had to redo my settings, etc. What if I wait for 7.0.012t to repair this error introduced in 7.0.012s?
    It is the updater that for some reasons has an unnecessary error message, I think. When I updated the ESNT, the same thing happened, but everything was updated ok.

Edit: The update to 12s did not work, however. So something is wrong, I admit.

Georg
    Last edited by Adamsen; 03-02-2006 at 01:30 PM.
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Default Ditto, but I think it's non-deadly

I've been in contact with BW about this. I think the problem arises (if yours is the same) from modifying the books.bna file. I had modified mine and BW didn't recognize it since it didn't match what was originally installed. I think they're in the process of getting a fix for this. In the meantime, just hit Ok or whatever and ignore the warning Dale.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Second try on 7.0.012s worked

Actually, I just reinitiated the update. When I looked for new updates from the BW menu, it still showed 7.0.012s as a new update, although I had checked it to be installed the first time. I checked it again, and it installed successfully and produced no error messages.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

In the patches subdirectory in BW there's a file called _updstat.txt that was the one I was directed to to see what went wrong in the update to cause the error. Glancing through there the message was:

----- Processing Patch File -----

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'books.bna'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
    found. No update done since file contents do not match.

So, you can check out that txt file if you have that error again to see if that tells you anything. But like I said, the error message is more of a nuisance than an actual error for the present.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Cool Hakuna Matata...

No problems with any of the updates that were made available today on this end.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

You can just ignore the error in this case.
    Mike