Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.0 Cumulative Update 7.0.012o

Default Videos Fixed

The next update fixes the video problem for me.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Default Should I mind my "p"s and "q"s?

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    Oops. Sorry about that. I just posted a new executable that should address this. Let me know if this doesn't take care of it.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    I don't know whether this affects anything or not function-wise, but it is a little odd. I downloaded the latest patch .012p, but BibleWorks says it's running version .012q The latest patch did fix the videos it seems, just checking to make sure the letter differential is okay.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default What update are we on?

Could you tell me because nothing is showing up when I check through the BibleWorks program? Thanks.

Default Crash daily

I am crashing regularly since buying and installing 7.0. Got the update, vers .012q shows now yet to no avail. It just tells me that Bibleworks has encountered a serious error. Then it shuts down.

Version 6 was running smoothly.

Where do I go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    I am crashing regularly since buying and installing 7.0. Got the update, vers .012q shows now yet to no avail. It just tells me that Bibleworks has encountered a serious error. Then it shuts down.

Where do I go from here?
    1. The biggest thing would be to find ways to replicate your crash. In other words, are there certain things you're doing when the crash happens and can you go through those exact steps and replicate it. Problems are very, very hard to fix when all you can say is "It crashes." Thus it won't likely get fixed very quickly. The more specific you are, the easier it is for BW staff to find out what's going on and fix it.

2. Contact BW staff at support@bibleworks.com about #1.

Also keep in mind, in the short term future bugs aren't getting fixed ASAP because their offices are backlogged, but in the long-term future all of the bugs will get fixed and more features added, be patient.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

My video problem is fixed! Well done!
    However, I just started trying to generate reports today for the first time, and everytime I do Bibleworks crashes.
    Fortunately it does manage to save the file though as it crashes.
    It freezes for a very long time, the only solution I've found has been to Ctrl Alt delte and stop BW

B.T.W Does anyone know a quick way to get that report file back up when I reopen Bibleworks?

Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by Werner

Where do I go from here?
    What operating system are you running? During beta testing I had problems with running BW7 on Windows ME. It worked OK until I applied my first patch. After that time I wasn't able to get it to work. But on my XP machine I've had no problems.
    Mark Eddy

I am having the same problem with frequent crashes. For awhile I had been trying to find some activity that would always make it crash, but to no avail. Then I read some of the threads on this forum, and decided to try generating a verse report (since I read that some had the program crash at this point). And indeed I found that it always crashes when I try to close the verse generator after I have generated a report. So, even though this was not what I was doing before when it crashed, I thought there may be an underlying problem that surfaces in a number of different ways.

I still have the problem after installing the latest update. I am running version 7.0 on Windows XP SP2. Version 6 worked flawlessly.

The latest update "s" solved my problem.

Hello,

Like some others, I have had program crashes out-of-the box and continuing through every patch, including "s". I am running a new Gateway PC with WinXP Pro, Pentium4 3GHz, 1GB RAM.

I start Bibleworks and it crashes, asking me to reset everything. If I do NOT include the option to reset the INI file, then Bibleworks never restarts properly; it will crash. Now, with patch "s", the application also "hangs" after crashing requiring me to terminate the application through Task Manager.

If I reset everything, I can run Bibleworks indefinitely so long as I do not close the application. Once I close the application, it will always crash the next time I start it and I have to go through the whole process all over again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. This did not change the behavior. I have also turned off AVG Anitvirus, SpySweeper anti-spyware programs and that made no difference. I have no other symptoms with any other program.

Thanks,
    David