Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christ's Words In Red - KJV

Default Christ's Words In Red - KJV

I've enclosed a file called "christ_red_kjv.zip" which contains the .clr file. This is the standard Red Letter Edition that appears in the printed editions.

Unzip this file into you x:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7.0\database folder.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 11-29-2008 at 01:42 PM.

2. Default "Jesus Christ" in red (not zipped)

Or.......
    1. put .Christ, .Jesus, or .Jesus Christ in the Command Line, click Enter to get all results......
    2. click Tools, click Color Selection window, click white/clear Background, click red Text, click Apply, click Close.....

Voila!......
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    Or.......
    1. put .Christ, .Jesus, or .Jesus Christ in the Command Line, click Enter to get all results......
    2. click Tools, click Color Selection window, click white/clear Background, click red Text, click Apply, click Close.....

Voila!......
    That's a nice commentary on the Color Selection Window, but how does it find, highlight, and color all of the words of Christ in red, either zipped or unzipped?

Thanks Scott!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos
    That's a nice commentary on the Color Selection Window, but how does it find, highlight, and color all of the words of Christ in red, either zipped or unzipped?
    If I understood Bennett's post right it was a joke. if you follow what he does it turns "jesus christ" in the text red. a pun on red letter Jesus Christ...
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    If I understood Bennett's post right it was a joke. if you follow what he does it turns "jesus christ" in the text red. a pun on red letter Jesus Christ...
    I thought he was telling me that I did all that work for nothing, for he began his post with "OR..." meaning that there was another way to do in seconds what it took me hours to do.

I didn't think he was joking, but either way, I didn't want others, especially new users, to be confused by his post, for a new user might think that his post was a substitute for my file, and thus a new user would be deprived of the real thing.

7. Default "Never mind!"

Oops (as some would say, mea culpa), I'm sorry, you meant the words Jesus Christ said in Scripture were to be in red, not His name. No, I wasn't joking, I was just confused (the end of a long, joyful, busy Lord's Day).

As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind!"
    www.dayspringopc.org

8. Question How do you do it?

Having made myself look quite foolish by my earlier post, I'm almost hesitant to ask, but......

Having properly figured out what Scott's zip file was for , I decided to download it myself. I have downloaded it to the "databases" folder. I think I followed instructions, opened it, and it now sits in "databases." I have closed and re-opened BW after doing this, and it hasn't 'taken.' Also, trying to Open or Extract the WinZip file has caused my system (XP) to crash 3 times; happily, I've gotten my configuration back by using System Restore. - Help! What am I doing wrong? (I love the product, but I'm certainly no programmer).
    www.dayspringopc.org

To "activate" the color file, go TOOLS>COLOR SELECTION WINDOW (there's also an icon for this). In box #3, select "KJV" and "christ red KJV" shold appear. (If you don't see box 3, click on the little cheron in the bottom right of the window to make it appear.)

Check the *round* button to the left of "christ red kjv" to activate that color file.

That should do it...
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman
    Check the *round* button to the left of "christ red kjv" to activate that color file.
    Everything Ben said is correct, but I'd like to clarify that you don't have to check the radio buttion to make the color file active, but only the check box. In other words, if the check box is checked, then all the coloring for that file will show in the browse window, and you can have as many boxes checked as you like.

I believe, at least according to the help file, that checking the radio button merely means that any color changes you make in the browse window will apply that color file, and that color file only.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.