Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash on report generator

Default Crash on report generator

I've sent a tech bug report to BW staff but am curious if anyone can duplicate a crash I've experienced on both my computers.

I tried creating a report from Report Gen. including verse and chapter notes on Rom 12:1-3. The report is created but when I maximize the screen BW crashes big time.

Thanks,
    Larry

Larry,

You didn't say what version of BW you are using.

Mike

Default How to Post a Serious Bug Report

If you want to post a serious bug report, like a crash, it is helpful if you will set up the program to just before the crash, then exit and post your INI file. Then give specific instructions on how to reproduce the problem. It saves huge amounts of time if you will do that. If you are reporting on the forum attach it to your post. You are much more likely to get a fast response if you will do that. The INI file is located in the Windows directory as bw700.ini or bw600.ini, etc.

Thanks,
    Mike

Sorry, v7

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    If you want to post a serious bug report, like a crash, it is helpful if you will set up the program to just before the crash, then exit and post your INI file. Then give specific instructions on how to reproduce the problem. It saves huge amounts of time if you will do that. If you are reporting on the forum attach it to your post. You are much more likely to get a fast response if you will do that. The INI file is located in the Windows directory as bw700.ini or bw600.ini, etc.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I don't think it creates a current ini file, looking at the time of the file. At 3:29pm (my time) it crashed but the bw700.ini has a time of 3:04pm.

I created the report and then tried to exit via "x". At this time it crashed, requiring a Ctr-Alt-Del to exit.

In any case, I've attached the ini.

Thanks,
    Larry

Has anyone else had this crashing problem? I've sent of the requested bw700.ini and reported the bug but I know they're a little behind on replies. Can anyone else duplicate or am I Lone Ranger again?

Thanks,
    Larry

Hurrah! Fixed with "q".

Larry

I have the same problem. What is meant by fixing it with "q"?

Each new program update has a letter, like 7.0.012q.

Update q fixed the problem.

Edit: You can download them through BW itself or from http://www.bibleworks.com/DLSP_R_v7_rev1.htm
    Ben

I already have "q" installed.

My program crashes frequently. For awhile I had been trying to find some activity that would always make it crash, but to no avail. Then I tried generating a verse report, since I read that some had the program crash at this point. I found that it always crashes when I try to close the verse generator after I have generated a report. So, even though this was not what I was doing when it crashed before, I thought there may be an underlying problem that surfaces in a number of different ways.

I am running version 7.0 on Windows XP SP2. Version 6 worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by jlaning; 02-28-2006 at 05:16 PM.