Thread: Minor Issues

Question Minor Issues

All of you seem to have much more know-how than I do with the program so I have a couple of questions. First, in the NET Bible as I read each verse, I am missing what I used to see-footnote numbers. I can see the footnotes themselves but no numbers within the verses themselves. Second, in the Timelines, I have three with the .tl extension and those I can display, i.e. Bible, NT and World. However, I have over a dozen from v. 6 in an .erc paired with .era extensions. How do I get those to display? Thanks for your help. Joan

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte
    All of you seem to have much more know-how than I do with the program so I have a couple of questions. First, in the NET Bible as I read each verse, I am missing what I used to see-footnote numbers. I can see the footnotes themselves but no numbers within the verses themselves. Second, in the Timelines, I have three with the .tl extension and those I can display, i.e. Bible, NT and World. However, I have over a dozen from v. 6 in an .erc paired with .era extensions. How do I get those to display? Thanks for your help. Joan
    Not sure on the Timeline stuff. Stayed tuned for someone else's answer.

On being able to see footnote numbers, click somewhere in the Browse Window and then press the letter "n" on your keyboard. That toggles Translator Notes. If you look on the bottom of your screen on the status bar, you'll see pressing "n" toggles the words "Tr Notes." Pressing "n" does the same thing as clicking on that section in the status bar. This can also be toggled under the Main Menu by going to View : Show/Hide : Version Notes.

There you go that's 3 diff ways to do it Choose whichever you prefer. The Online Help section/chapter 45 tells more about shortcuts like pressing the letter "n" It's a helpful chapter to acquaint yourself with.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

3. Smile the note button!

Actually, a 4th way to add the numeric translator notes is to have the icon/button, "Version Notes Toggle," as one of your button across the top. Just go to the "Buttonbar Setup" icon button, and choose that icon, which looks, helpfully enough, like a musical note.

By the way, thanks Michael, for making me aware of pressing 'n' in the Browse window to effect the same change. No doubt, it's referred to somewhere in the Online Help manual (and was, sigh, in the greatly missed print manual), but I'd never been aware of it. The Forum brothers doing what we should, helping each other with this tool.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    Actually, a 4th way to add the numeric translator notes is to have the icon/button, "Version Notes Toggle," as one of your button across the top. Just go to the "Buttonbar Setup" icon button, and choose that icon, which looks, helpfully enough, like a musical note.

By the way, thanks Michael, for making me aware of pressing 'n' in the Browse window to effect the same change. No doubt, it's referred to somewhere in the Online Help manual (and was, sigh, in the greatly missed print manual), but I'd never been aware of it. The Forum brothers doing what we should, helping each other with this tool.
    Darn, you showed me Like I said, check out that chapter on shortcuts in the Online help. It's a nice one for you to print out and keep handy until they become second nature to you
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!