Thread: How to Post a Bug Report

Default How to Post a Bug Report

How to Post a Bug Report

It is always best to post bug reports to support@bibleworks.com, especially if it is a crash bug.

It is VERY helpful if you will set up the program to just before the crash, then exit and attcha your INI file. Then give specific instructions on how to reproduce the problem. It saves huge amounts of time if you will do that. If you are reporting on the forum attach it to your post. You are much more likely to get a response if you will do that. The INI file is located in the Windows directory as bw700.ini or bw600.ini, etc.

But let me emphasize that this is not an official support channel. You may or may not get a response from BibleWorks here. We are watching the forum during the version release shakedown though. So it can't hurt if you are desperate.

Let me also point out to lurkers: crash reports here do not mean that the program is buggy. BibleWorks 7 users already number in the hundreds and the vast majority of people are finding it very stable. There are a few straggler bugs, though, which we will exterminate as soon as we can.

God bless,
    Mike

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    Let me also point out to lurkers: crash reports here do not mean that the program is buggy. BibleWorks 7 users already number in the hundreds and the vast majority of people are finding it very stable. There are a few straggler bugs, though, which we will exterminate as soon as we can.

God bless,
    Mike
    I'm sure there will always be ways to make any program crash. That really doesn't say much of anything about the program. I would judge it more by how the program gets fixed if there is something found which causes the crash. On this I have to say BW has a stellar record. I know there are things that could not have been double checked even in Beta-testing because there is no end to how many different things BW can do and it isn't even possible to check every combination of incidents. But I know once something is found, it's been fixed.

I know I might use BW differently than other people (don't we all use it differently? ), but I've been using it in its release version mode for just about a month now and I've only had one crash. Compare this to Internet Explorer 6, which has been out how long now? and I've had more crashes with that in the same period of time. Anyway, just my 2 cents on the topic.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!