Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW7 Different splash screen

Default BW7 Different splash screen

I keep getting different splash screens upon opening BW 7. One is high resolution the other is not. I have not changed any resolutions, but have recently upgraded.

Is there a reason this is changing? Not a big deal, but a curiousity.

John Fidel

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel
    I keep getting different splash screens upon opening BW 7. One is high resolution the other is not. I have not changed any resolutions, but have recently upgraded.

Is there a reason this is changing? Not a big deal, but a curiousity.

John Fidel
    There are, I think, 4 different screens! My favorite is the morning with the cup of coffee! Although the late night/very early morning one is pretty cool too.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

I don't know about different resolutions for the splash screens, but there are three different splash screens when you open BW7. The one with a cup of dark liquid (someone says it's Dr. Pepper) shows up before 9:00 a.m. local time. The others show up when you open BW later in the day.
    Mark Eddy

Very interesting. Now I know the answer.

Thanks,

John Fidel

Default What is it?

What is on my splash screen? I opened BW7 at 6PM, and after four or five times closing and reopening in an attempt to identify the background decided to take a screen shot. I still can't figure it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by leburges; 04-05-2008 at 06:40 PM.

I was told that these are some sort of "potato tarts." This screen only shows up for about 10 minutes: from 6:00 pm to 6:10 pm every day. The "morning coffee" screen is from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. The late night screen is from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. After the other screen is active from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm except for the 10 minutes at 6:00 pm

Default "Tater Tots"?

I saw the same thing the other day, it looks like they're the fastfood item called "tater tots." I guess it's in addition to the morning coffee if you load up earlier enough in the morning.
    Last edited by Dale A. Brueggemann; 04-22-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

In Australia we call them "potato gems".

They're quite greasy and taste great with ketchup and salt.

Quote Originally Posted by MTan View Post
    They're quite greasy and taste great with ketchup and salt.
    Actually, I don't find them greasy, but then I microwave mine. I set the timer for seven minutes and put a small plate-full of the potatoes in the center of the microwave. While they're microwaving, I fry up bacon and eggs. Then I put it all together on a plate -- potatoes, bacon, eggs -- and then do a number of cross-cuts with my knife and fork, mixing them all thoroughly together.

Then I chow down.

'Course, I have to unhook one of my microwaves from my Commodore 64 in order to cook the potatoes, so I can't use my computer while I'm cooking, but it's worth it!