Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more 7.0 questions

Default A few more 7.0 questions

1. Is there a way to set which bibles pop up on the mouse over a verse in the analyis window?

2. Is there a way to enlarge the text of the study guides?

Thanks,

John Fidel

Question #1- On the toolbar, go to VIEW>Choose Pop-up versions. You can make two sets, one default and a second set whe you hold down shift and mouse over.

I don't know about #2.

And as a last resort, you can always use the instructions/help files. Each beta-tester was assigned a section of the help to read over and test, to make sure that what was in the program matches what is in the help and vice-versa. I find the help files, movies, and opening window (with all the options of things to do, like write an exegetical paper) extremely helpful in learning how to use v.7.
    Ben

I actually tried to use the online help, but did not know the appropriate phrase to use to get the answer.

Thanks for your reply.

John Fidel

Default Where Did the Cross References go?

I got my BW7 and installed it, went through the instruction videos and the help files but to my dismay when I went to use the ESV in BW7, there were no cross references? Can any of you help me as to what I need to configure to have the cross references in the ESV return? This was a feature I used greatly in BW6 and I'll have to go back to it if I can't use the cross references that was provided in BW6. I tried the help files and the only English version with any cross references I could find was the NAS were it was tied to the version notes in the Word analysis window.

Rev. Michael Fettes
    Teacher, Merrymeeting Bay, OPC
    Brunswick, ME
    Last edited by mfettes; 02-12-2006 at 04:11 PM.

Default Cross References/Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge

I also noticed that the TSK cross reference column in BW 7 appears only with the KJV whereas in BW6 it appears with multiple other versions. In the videos it is shown with at least NLT. Don't know if this is intentional or something left undone.

As a work-around you can go to the top menu bar to Resources, then Miscellaneous and select Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge; a separate small window will open that will change the TSK content as you change verses.

I agree it would be nicer to have the column at the far right work automatically with the ESV and others.

Quote Originally Posted by mfettes
    I got my BW7 and installed it, went through the instruction videos and the help files but to my dismay when I went to use the ESV in BW7, there were no cross references? Can any of you help me as to what I need to configure to have the cross references in the ESV return? This was a feature I used greatly in BW6 and I'll have to go back to it if I can't use the cross references that was provided in BW6. I tried the help files and the only English version with any cross references I could find was the NAS were it was tied to the version notes in the Word analysis window.
    Fascinating. That worked early in the beta and disappeared over halfway through, and none of us noticed. I assume (hope?) it's a bug, but will have to report it to make sure.

Vince

7. Default TSK in Analysis for all English translations except KJV & NAS/NAU

That's strange, since the current Options (as written) seem to imply that TSK Cross references would pop up in all cases (except for the KJV and NAS, which list other options).

The listed sequence, clicking on the wrench icon, is:
    Options>Option Flags>Browse Window Configuration Options, then with "Show TSK Cross References in Analysis Window" as one of the options.

My hope is that this is tweaked such that, in all English translations except for the KJV and the NAS/NAU, the TSK will pop up to the right in the Analysis section. Do I hear a second?!
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    That's strange, since the current Options (as written) seem to imply that TSK Cross references would pop up in all cases (except for the KJV and NAS, which list other options).

The listed sequence, clicking on the wrench icon, is:
    Options>Option Flags>Browse Window Configuration Options, then with "Show TSK Cross References in Analysis Window" as one of the options.

My hope is that this is tweaked such that, in all English translations except for the KJV and the NAS/NAU, the TSK will pop up to the right in the Analysis section. Do I hear a second?!
    This is what I am currently seeing with the latest EXE.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

9. Default what are you saying you're seeing?

This is what I am currently seeing with the latest EXE.
    Joe, when you say this (above), are you saying it does show the TSK with other English translations, or it does not? With my current BW7 .exe, the TSK only shows with the KJV, although, by the language of the Options Flags to which I referred, it seems as though it should (and I wish it would) show in most English translations.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    Joe, when you say this (above), are you saying it does show the TSK with other English translations, or it does not? With my current BW7 .exe, the TSK only shows with the KJV, although, by the language of the Options Flags to which I referred, it seems as though it should (and I wish it would) show in most English translations.
    with the latest version .012m I see TSK in ESV for instance, but I do not see it in NAS. I believe this is the way it should work. There is an option for NAS Cross Ref's and that is checked and so NAS has diff cross ref's than the TSK.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!