Thread: BW7 View Configuration

Question BW7 View Configuration

Would it be possible to customize the location of the analysis window beyond the two options it currently has (bottom left or full right)? I'd actually like to be able to place it below the search window on the right. So the search window is upper right and analysis window is bottom right, leaving the browsing window full left.

Thanks..
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

I don't think you can put the Analysis Window where you suggest. But there are other options. I have mine full length in the middle, with the browse window on the left and search window on the right. I get this by checking option "Put Analysis Window on right" and unchecking option "Put Search Window on left."
    In beta testing we had quite a discussion about the placement of the windows. The programmers wanted to simplify the window placement, in part because they found that their default seemed most logical, and in part because it would make BW easier to set up and easier to address user questions, if there weren't so many options.
    Since The Analysis window is now included with tabs for Resource Summary, User Notes, and Editor, it really needs to take up more space on the screen than the old auto-info window used to. (But if you like that 6.0 set-up, just open a secondary browse window, and the the Analysis Window [by itself, without the other 3 tabs] will display at the bottom of the floating browse window, which you can then place anywhere on your screen, but it will cover up other parts of BW.)
    Since the Search window also includes the search list, you also probably want to keep that longer than you could, if you put the Analysis Window under it.
    Give the new layout a few weeks, and you'll probably forget (as I did) how you had 6.0 laid out. You'll find a comfortable way to lay out BW7.
    Mark Eddy

Oh, I already like the new layout. It's especially great when working with BW full-screen. However, I tend to lay things out with MS Word on one half of the screen, and BW on the other half. Given that, the three vertical pane layout is less than ideal.

So, I'd like to be able to have either the browse window run top-to-bottom (stacking analysis and search) or the analysis window run top-to-bottom (stacking browse and search). Neither of which can be done with the new options.

It's not a big deal, I can get used to it the way it is...it's just that for how I use it, having a top-to-bottom search window is wasting a bunch of screenspace for me.

I get the whole programming thing. I was thinking myself about how to set it up that would be easy and intuitive. The only program I know of that does it well is MediaShout 3.0.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO