Thread: TNIV missing from BW7 lists

Hybrid View

Default TNIV missing from BW7 lists

Am I missing something, or is there a glaring omission in BW7? I am not a fan of the translation, but I would like to have all major modern versions in my Bible software.

You are correct. TNIV isn't in BW7. Since it's a new translation, I'm sure it would add to the cost of the package, something BW doesn't like to do unless it has to.
    NIV wasn't in the earliest numbers of BW because of their copyright/cost requirements. When it was first made available in BW, it was for an additional price. It only became part of the standard package a few years later.
    Add to that the furor in World magazine about how TNIV came to be, and I can see a few reasons why it might not yet be in BW. But if enough people request it, the people at BW are always ready to see what they can do.
    In Christ,
    Mark Eddy

Default Tniv

We were unable to come to terms with Zondervan on royalty. It is our policy not to sell Bible versions as modules so we have to absorb the royalties. We already pay very high royalties for the NIV, much higher than any other version, and could not justify paying what they wanted for the TNIV, especially when so few of our users wanted it. We hope that Zondervan will change its mind.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    We hope that Zondervan will change its mind.
    Don't hold your breath. This is one more reason why I don't bother with NIV and never recommend it to anyone! Z is a business that happens to sell Christian products.
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell

Default Zondervan generosity

Zondervan does charge for the use of the NIV and TNIV, but you can access both freely http://www.tniv.info/bible/index.php online, which is better than nothing. And you do get proper formatting.

David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

Default David, please send the TNIV

David,

Please send me your text file for the TNIV. It's not fair that you've got it on your system and I don't. Zondervan won't mind. They offer it for free on their internet site.

Question careful

Quote Originally Posted by cmyktaylor
    David,

Please send me your text file for the TNIV. It's not fair that you've got it on your system and I don't. Zondervan won't mind. They offer it for free on their internet site.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding David, he's not saying he HAS TNIV loaded into BW, he's saying even though one can't get in BibleWorks because of the hassle w Zondervan, it is available online for those who are die-hards. If a user chose to make TNIV fit into BW that would be an individual concern, but the TNIV is a copyrighted text and any one who is spreading it against Zondervan's wishes could potentially get sued, so if someone is doing this, email one another, don't use the forums.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!