Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qumran Module QSM - Question

Here's a screen grab of what I see. (if this URL is working)

My web provider is currently having server problems so eventually this pic will show up...
    Last edited by NumberMan™; 02-06-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Not sure why the image won't display so here is link to the screen grab:

QSM Screen Grab

When BW 6 shipped the book names file was incomplete for Qumran. In BW you can go to "Help" and click on "BibleWorks on the Internet" then "check for updates." It could be that you still have the older Qumran files. If not, I've provided a book names file as a user database (available at the top thread on the list). You can download that, put it in your "init" file in BW (while BW is closed), open BW and click on "Options" then "Book Names" then "Open" then click on "books_2" then "Open" then Save, and you should be in business.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks Mark that fixed the problem. (Doing it the manual way, auto update didn't ever fix in case you need that for future info)
    Last edited by NumberMan™; 02-07-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Default Qumran info

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    Another option is to save a little info on each Qumran manuscript into a BW note file and that way it would be readily available to you upon using BW regardless of being connected to the internet or not.
    That's a great idea, especially if you included the various ways of referring to the mss. e.g.,

1Qsb
    Name: Rule of the Blessing, or Recueil des Benedictions
    Item # 1Q28b
    INV: DAJ 662-64, 1000
    Publ.: Bartelemy, DJD I (1955) pls. XXV-XXIX

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)