Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pingpongjedi
    Well, I thought that would work, but Metzger doesn't show up there. It is checked under the References tab. Tischendorf references show up, but Metzger doesn't. For instance, I was looking at Jude verse 5, and double-clicked on Jesus or Lord (depending on the translation). Metzger didn't show up, but Metzger does have an entry for Jude 5.
    It definitely works for me. Ok so I have the browse window open to Jude 5. I go to the Resource Summary window and move the mouse over Jude 5 again just to make sure the Resource Window is open and it definitely has Metzger coming up. I'm not double clicking on any word however, I'm not sure what you're trying to do with that?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hmmm....that's really strange. I have to double-click to get any of the resources to change; mousing over doesn't work, and Metzger doesn't show up at all. Perhaps there's a setting that I've missed?

Ok, I think I've found it. It seems that Leedy New Testament Diagrams must also be checked for Metzger to show up. If Leedy is unchecked, Metzger doesn't show up either. Strange.

I still have to double-click, though, and I can't seem to make it find the reference for Jude 5.
    Last edited by pingpongjedi; 03-18-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pingpongjedi
    Ok, I think I've found it. It seems that Leedy New Testament Diagrams must also be checked for Metzger to show up. If Leedy is unchecked, Metzger doesn't show up either. Strange.

I still have to double-click, though, and I can't seem to make it find the reference for Jude 5.
    be sure to email tech support about these quirks. I'm quite sure they can iron them out.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Will do. Thanks for checking it out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel
    However, the passage is not being copied to the passage space in Brand X so the guides are not actually run.

So, I think these are close, but they need a bit more...
    Joe,

I would suggest that we are working too hard trying to generate links in BW, when the possible solution is to create a workspace in Logos that has the the Passage Guide, The Exegetical Guide and the NA27 open and linked together using the link function.

Then using the BW external link to the Logos NA27, Logos will run the Passage Guide and the Exegetical Guide on the verse.

Lastly, commentaries can also be open and linked, but they will be available in the Passage Guide. This keeps things simple. I hope this helps further the linking process.

John Fidel[/quote]

Could someone tell my how to make a link to the passage guide or to a workspace. I have seen references to it but I have not found the example.

I am using Logos 3.0 Beta, actually RC1. These reports have an icon that looks like a link that allows for this to happen.

I don't recall if the non-beta version of Logos has this ability.

Logos 3.0 will be released as a final version pretty soon if you do not want to try the beta.

If you need further instructions, please let me know what version of logos you are running and I will try and assist further.

John Fidel

I am using Logos 3.0 Beta, actually RC1. These reports have an icon that looks like a link that allows for this to happen.

I don't recall if the non-beta version of Logos has this ability.

Logos 3.0 will be released as a final version pretty soon if you do not want to try the beta.

If you need further instructions, please let me know what version of logos you are running and I will try and assist further.

John Fidel
    I am running the same thing and I saw your post on one of the logos forums. But I don't know where the links are or how the are to appear in command string in BW. I hate to sound so dumb. I have found the examples of the external links that everyone shared helpful. Otherwise, I would be lost
    Last edited by hubmair; 03-19-2006 at 01:50 AM.
    Randy Davis, Pastor
    Trinity Baptist Church

www.trinitybaptistchurch.us

www.kudzuvine.org

Hi Randy,

Here goes:

In BW there should already be an external link built to link to the Logos NA27. Open BW go to the menu and select Resources the Edit External Links. Find the Logos-NA27 link and left click on it and make sure the enable this link box is checked, if not select it. Click OK. You do not have to do any more with BW.

Now open Logos and size the window of the program how you want it. I have mine sized to fit side by side with BW.

Now open a few books and reports: NA27 find the link icon in the book toolbar and select A. Next open the passage guide, find the link icon and select A. Next select the exegetical guide find the link icon and select A. Go to menu file save workspace and name it BW Workspace.

Now go back to BW find a Greek text right mouse click and select the Logos-NA 27 menu item. This should move Logos into action providing you the NA27 to the BW verse and then link the Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide accordingly.

Hope this helps.

John Fidel

Hi Randy,

Here goes:

In BW there should already be an external link built to link to the Logos NA27. Open BW go to the menu and select Resources the Edit External Links. Find the Logos-NA27 link and left click on it and make sure the enable this link box is checked, if not select it. Click OK. You do not have to do any more with BW.

Now open Logos and size the window of the program how you want it. I have mine sized to fit side by side with BW.

Now open a few books and reports: NA27 find the link icon in the book toolbar and select A. Next open the passage guide, find the link icon and select A. Next select the exegetical guide find the link icon and select A. Go to menu file save workspace and name it BW Workspace.

Now go back to BW find a Greek text right mouse click and select the Logos-NA 27 menu item. This should move Logos into action providing you the NA27 to the BW verse and then link the Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide accordingly.

Hope this helps.

John Fidel

Thank you very much. The part I was missing was the linking in Logos and understanding that it was the Bible that triggers it all. However, when Logos is not open and I click on the link, it will still have the verse from the previous use. But, after Logos is open and I click on the text in BW, now it will open to the proper verse in Logos. In other words, it reports the verse to Logos and opens it to that verse only if Logos is open. Is this normal? I mean it is a cool link but I wanted to make sure I am doing it correctly.

By the way, I don't have NA27 in Logos so I linked it to the KJV. With all that I have in BW, I never thought about using Logos for Greek studies.
    Randy Davis, Pastor
    Trinity Baptist Church

www.trinitybaptistchurch.us

www.kudzuvine.org