Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

The resources you specifically identified NIBD and BKMAPCHT are both resources that are not tagged by bible verse, chapter and book. The complete book of bibles and maps has no tagging for bible or topic. Nelsons Illustrated dictionary can be linked to English. If that is what you desire Then use this:

Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:jump|ref=[en]topic:<dummy>|res=LLS:14.0.11
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window English
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Logos NIBD
    Enabled = 1

To get a specific number for a resource do the following in Logos:

Open library
    Identify book
    press shift ctrl alt together and right mouse click.
    The ID number for the book will appear in the library window.

Hope this helps,

John Fidel

Default Thanks John, Plus Hint for Pradis Users

Thanks, John! I will try in out.

BTW, a simple hint for Pradis users. This is a "no-brainer," and probably most of you have already thought of it. But it may help someone like me. If you want to link to a particular resource in Pradis, such as NIDNTT, simply create a study session file and link BibleWorks to where the file is on your HD. Hope this helps.

Default Thanks, John, but the TDNT?

I'm able to do external links to Anchor Bible Dictionary and other English resources. (BTW, I think to find the location of the Logos resouce in My Library, I had to left click, rather than right click).
    Your example was very instructive. Thanks so much. But I am struggling with the link to the TDNT. I can get the TDNT to open but not to a specific Greek entry. I know I am missing something and have exhausted what I know and can try. Any help would be great; maybe it's not possible.

Default Thanks, John, but the TDNT?

I'm able to do external links to Anchor Bible Dictionary and other English resources. (BTW, I think to find the location of the Logos resouce in My Library, I had to left click, rather than right click).
    Your example was very instructive. Thanks so much. But I am struggling with the link to the TDNT. I can get the TDNT to open but not to a specific Greek entry. I know I am missing something and have exhausted what I know and can try. Any help would be great; maybe it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospelizer
    Thanks, John! I will try in out.

BTW, a simple hint for Pradis users. This is a "no-brainer," and probably most of you have already thought of it. But it may help someone like me. If you want to link to a particular resource in Pradis, such as NIDNTT, simply create a study session file and link BibleWorks to where the file is on your HD. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the Pradis hint.

This opens Pradis, but I don't think there is anyway to "pass" a Book, Chapter, and verse to Pradis to it will "jump" to that verse?? Would be nice...
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte
    Hi Joan,

There is another TDNT post here:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...?t=1154&page=4

If that does not work go to Cool Screen Layouts and look at the last page of BW7 & Integration...

John Fidel

Default Unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Thanks for the Pradis hint.

This opens Pradis, but I don't think there is anyway to "pass" a Book, Chapter, and verse to Pradis to it will "jump" to that verse?? Would be nice...
    Unfortunately, you are right, Joe. Although some clever guy may figure out how to do it, it is definitely beyond me at this point.

BTW, Joe, I was not able to access the number with the method that you gave, but as ger0 suggested I used your basic formula with the letter abbreviation of the book, and it finally worked! Thanks all!

I am very impressed with BW7. It's the best!

Bob Payne

Default Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Gospelizer
    BTW, Joe, I was not able to access the number with the method that you gave, but as ger0 suggested I used your basic formula with the letter abbreviation of the book, and it finally worked! Thanks all!

I am very impressed with BW7. It's the best!

Bob Payne
    I meant to say, John (Fidel). Getting old!

Bob

Bob,

We are both getting old as the method involves a left mouse click, not a right. The old leading the old?????

John Fidel
    Last edited by jfidel; 02-23-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Thumbs up Good news!

Logos is playing ball!

Logs 3.0 Beta 8 just appeared, and one of the things they listed is...

(drumroll)...

"Added libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink command for better support of BibleWorks External Links (more documentation coming later)"

I don't know what that means yet, but it can only be a good thing!

I'll be thanking them as well in their beta newsgroup. Really, this is the kind of good cooperation I like to see among Logos and BW (not that I've seen any bad cooperation.) Sure, on one hand they're competitors of sorts. But this says to me that they're putting the customer first.
    Last edited by Ben Spackman; 02-23-2006 at 11:00 PM.
    Ben