Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Right-click over some English in the browse window, and "Look up TNIV online" ought to appear in the context menu. Click on it, and it ought to take you there.

I think that's what you're asking.
    Ben

Question

Thanks, Ben. Works fine, except that the abbreviations are different sometimes.

But shouldn't I have other mouse over right click links, too? Aren't some there by default in that shellexec file, or are they accessed another way?

David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

All of those links set up have two "limitations" on where and when they appear.

If you go RESOURCES>EDIT EXTERNAL LINKS, and look at each one, you'll see a checkmark for "enable this link." If it's not checked, it won't appear.

Second, each one has a setting, "Menu location" for which right-click menu it will appear in- Every meu, Greek context, Hebrew context, English context, etc.
    Ben

Thanks very much for your help, Ben.

When I follow your advice, my list of links has now dropped down to only the new TNIV lookup.

I pasted the code given at the end of the rest of the stuff in shellexec.txt. How should I alter this, please?
    David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info
    Last edited by Gontroppo; 02-19-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Exclamation ELM crash report and suggestions

Bibleworks 7 is a really big step forward. It will continue to serve me as my primary bible research software. That it can now call Libronix is extremely helpful.
    BW 7.0.012n did crash for me, however. This is what I did (it is a copy of my mail to the nice support people):
    Having seen the many External Links published on Bibleworks User Forums, I tried to enter them in the External Links Manager. They did not work. Probably because I could not easily figure out how to enter the entries in the right fields. Anyway, I closed BW and opened the ShellExec.txt in notepad. I copied the new links into it and then saved it. Unfortunately, Notepad seems to remove the line breaks, so the ShellExec.txt file got a corrupt format. This made BW 7 crash when I run it.
    I would suggest that BW 7 EITHER ignores the ShellExec.txt file if it corrupt OR makes a backup and restores a default copy.
    I would also suggest an "import" function that makes it possible to enter and, if necessary, renumber a correctly formatted block of text - e.g. from the many links published on the Bibleworks User Forums.
    Thank you.

Georg
    ---
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen
    Denmark
    Last edited by Adamsen; 02-20-2006 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Too much space between paragraphs

Question Learning the Language

Hey, could someone tell me how I might learn the language of "Libronixese?" I understand a bit about external links, and was even successful in establishing one to Libronix, but only because I plugged in a bunch of mysterious codes. Establishing simple external links is no problem, it is the Libronix nomenclature that I find confusing. Any tutorials anywhere? I feel a bit like a <dummy>.

Do you always have to create a collection in Libronix to establish a link? I just want to create a simple link to one book (Nelson's Bible Dictionary).

Thanks in advance!

I've posted a bunch of stuff on this, but I've just been going by trial and error, messing with the few libronix things I picked up by reading their automation newsgroup.

If you want link to just one book, it's fairly easy.

libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=(Libronix internal resource name, with no parenthesis)

You find the resource name through making that resource the active window in Logos, then HELP>ABOUT THIS RESOURCE. The resource name is what's listed in the file address under resource location, minus other file info. eg. The Oxford Bible commentary shows F:\Libronix\Resources\OXBIBCOM.LSF, so the name you'd want at the end of the command above is OXBIBCOM.
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=OXBIBCOM

Edit:Libronix doesn't really support their programming stuff, in the sense that there's no instruction manual for it. There is a copy of their "object model" but it's over my head.
    Ben

Default Thanks, Ben

Thanks, Ben:

I have unsuccessfully tried the code that you gave. I must be doing something wrong. I will check my work yet again. It is possible that I may be typing in the wrong resource code. I will try your method of finding it.

Thanks, again!

We will all have to work these things out as time progresses. This is a great forum, and BibleWorks is an incredible program. I have used it since version 3.5.

God bless!

Unhappy Still No Luck

Ok, tried libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=(Libronix internal resource name, with no parenthesis) and plugged in the proper resource (i.e., NIBD and BKMAPCHT). Both links resulting in bringing up the New King James Version. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Gospelizer
    Ok, tried libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=(Libronix internal resource name, with no parenthesis) and plugged in the proper resource (i.e., NIBD and BKMAPCHT). Both links resulting in bringing up the New King James Version. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

You might try: ...|res=LLS:NIBD

Donot know why, but in aq couple of cases I got it working that way.

Gert