Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Default STEP and WS 5

Can anyone show me how to set up a link to a STEP commentary using the WordSearch 5 program. (or other STEP reader)
    It is a little beyond me even if it can be done.

Thanks

Todd

Question Newbie Question

I'm new to much of this so please excuse my obvious ignorance.

I am looking for a way that visitors to my web site can conduct Bible searches using one of my Bible search programs.

I have the BibleWorks 6, InstaVerse and e-Sword programs installed on my hard drive and I am seeking a way to upload one of them so that visitors do not have to leave my domain to conduct their own Bible searches.

Is this what “External Links” can do? If so, can anyone direct me to the right place and/or code, and/or instructions to do this?

Thank you,

Charles

Question Linking to Websites Question

Is it possible to tell BW to open a new browser when linking to a website? I have links for the TNIV and The Message, but sometimes want to have both open at the same time.

Thoughts?
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

What browser are you using? If you use Firefox, go to Options: Tabs : Open Links from other applications in: and select which you desire.

My thought is that this isn't a function of BW but of your web-browser, but I sure could be wrong.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Lightbulb Web search from your website

I am looking for a way that visitors to my web site can conduct Bible searches using one of my Bible search programs.

I have the BibleWorks 6, InstaVerse and e-Sword programs installed on my hard drive and I am seeking a way to upload one of them so that visitors do not have to leave my domain to conduct their own Bible searches.
    Charles, Rick Meyers, the Creator of e-sword wants people to have their own copies of his program. I don't think he wants you to get people to link to yoru website to use it.

And, concerning BibleWorks, I'm sure that the creators do not want you to effectively give people a free copy of the program by letting them use the program at your website. I am certain this would be illegal.

I don't know anything about the other program: you'd have to ask the creators or distributors of it.

David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

if you really want people to be at your website searching the bible, check out biblegateway.com. They have copy and paste code that will allow you to do this. You'll probably have to put this in a frame so that they stay at your website.

Default Bibleworks and e-sowrd

Can I incorporate these two programs? How? I don't really know anything about the external links manager...
    Thanks!

Search this thread. This has been discussed, and in fact, there is copy and paste information for you to integrate e-sword with bibleworks. For more information about ELM, look in chapter 12 of the online help. There are some limitations, but you can call e-sword from bw.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    What browser are you using? If you use Firefox, go to Options: Tabs : Open Links from other applications in: and select which you desire.

My thought is that this isn't a function of BW but of your web-browser, but I sure could be wrong.
    I actually use IE most often. I'll check its options and see what it offers.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Default Google Books

Added a link to Google Books. The limitation is that i does not do a phrase search, only a word search. Paste this into your shellexec.txt file, but change the external link number to one appropriate for your system.

This might have to change in the future as Google Books is still listed as beta.

// External Link #5
    //
    [Google Books]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = http://www.books.google.com/books?q=<dummy>&btnG=Search+Books&as_brr=0
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window English
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Google Books
    Enabled = 1

Paul