Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Default external links to STEP commentary

Is it possible in BW 7 to set up a external link to the old STEP format books? I have the Expositor's Bible Commentary that I would love to get hooked up.

Thanks

Todd

Default Zondervan's not compatable...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    Is it possible in BW 7 to set up a external link to the old STEP format books? I have the Expositor's Bible Commentary that I would love to get hooked up.
    Hi there Todd, I contacted Zondervan directly, and they confirmed that their software is not compatable with the ELM. That being said, titles in "STEP" format are supposedly a bit more transportable into other software packages, so perhaps there may be other programs that can read "STEP" files that are accessible through the ELM.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Step

I know that Pradis resources will not link up but I think that STEP might be different. Someone other than me would have to try it though to see if it works.

Todd

Default German Dictionary

Here's my link for German text. As in the Italian dictionary link, this site can sense from the word whether it should go from German to English or vice versa.

// External Link #??
    //
    [German Dictionary]Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&search=<dummy>
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window Other
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Lookup in German Dictionary online
    Enabled = 1

Dan Pater

Default Logos Search?

If I wanted to send a verse or a passage to Logos to do a resource search, how would I link to that using the ELM? If this has been covered already, just point me to the right post...I looked, but didn't see it. Thanks.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Default Resource search

See post# 13 or 27. One passes the passage to the Libronix search for a particular resource or one of your collections. The other passes the passage to a Libronix reporting function. It only passes the passage reference to Libronix. You must go in and manually hit Search or Generate to begin execution.
    Is this what you wanted?

Default Summary of Libronix Links on this Thread

Attached is my summary of the Logos commands on this thread. I don't understand everything on it, I've only summarized it. (All the "I"s are quotations from someone else on this thread.) Some of the items require Logos 3 releases (I've forgotten which ones):

Of course see Bibleworks Help first.
    http://www.logos.com/training/weblinking
    http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/newsgroups
    The hyperlink to jump to a Bible reference looks like:
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:Gen%201:1|res=LLS:ESV The first part is the protocol, then the command string. The command string is made up of a command and then a parameter list. In this case the command is "keylink" and the only parameter is "ref", for "reference". The ref parameter has three parts: the language of the human readable reference (in this case "en" for "English"), the data type ("bible" for Bible references), and the human readable reference ("Gen 1:1") escaped into hyperlink-safe characters ("Gen%201:1" -- you can't have spaces, so they're converted to %20, the hexadecimal equivalent). The optional "res" parameter is the resource id of the preferred Bible.
    Bible Reference Lookup
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=(Libronix internal resource name, with no parenthesis)
    You might try: ...|res=LLS:NIBD
    (You find the resource name through making that resource the active window, then HELP>ABOUT THIS RESOURCE. The resource name is what's listed in the file address under resource location, minus other file info.)

libronixdls:jump|ref=[en]topic:<dummy>|res=LLS:14.0.11
    (In Logos:Open library Identify book press shift ctrl alt together and left mouse click. The ID number for the book will appear in the library window.)

Search
    Calling for a search in Logos which passes the selected text to Logos Search dialog box: (Note: This this only opens the search dialog; it does not start a search.)
    libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy>

You can open the Search dialog to a specific resource by appending the resource ID to the above command, or to a collection.
    libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy>|res=<resou rce>

You can also search for a reference in a collection, etc.
    libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=(collection name, with no space, parenthesis, brackets, or anything.)

(Go to tools - Define Collections within Libronix. You can create a Collection which is a combination of any "books" you have in Libronix and the give it a name. For this feature to work w/ BW don't put any spaces or other odd characters in the name of your Libronix collection, e.g Journals, Grammars, CommentarySeries)

Open Passage Guide:

libronixdls:report|action=none|collection=All%2520 Unlocked%2520Commentaries|collectionList=Journals% 3B|enableCollections=true|enableCommentaries=true| enableCompareVersions=true|enableCrossReferences=t rue|enableMaps=true|enableMusic=true|enableParalle lPassages=true|enableTopics=true|name=ReportPassag eGuide|passage=bible."<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"

Open Exegetical Guide:

libronixdls:report|bible=LLS%3A1.0.318|keyLinkCoun t=5|name=ReportExegeticalGuide|passage="<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|rareCount=50|showGlosses=yes| sh owKeyLinks=yes|showParsings=yes|showRare=no

(The above two commands will open the Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide respectively with appropriate options checked. However, the passage is not being copied to the passage space in Brand X so the guides are not actually run.)

Another approach for biblical studies with commentaries:
    I have a workspace I leave open, with the NRSV, BHS, and commentaries. All are linked to each other. When I want to see the commentary, I use BW to pass the bible reference. Logos opens the Bible to the right passage and the commentaries follow, automatically opening the correct volumes.
    In Logos: tools -> options -> general -> check the radio button to "load workspace" and choose the one you want to load.

English Dictionary or Encyclopedia Articles:
    This sends English (Latin) selected text to a Logos resource:
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=text. <dummy>|res=LLS:ANCH

Greek Dictionary (lemma) Lookup
    This sends a Greek Lemma to a Logos resource such as BDAG:
    File = libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:BDAG
    Note that you want to have the menu location as Browse Window Greek so that it only appears as an option when the pointer is over Greek text. You also want the lookup to only be the Lemma (not the Form) as you are searching for the dictionary entry. Map to version is not necessary as you are searching for a dictionary entry and not for a biblical text (or critical apparatus reference).

Opening an Libronix Workspace
    To open an Libronix Workspace: This would have to be done through the object model, by getting an instance of the LibronixDLS.LbxApplication object, then calling the LoadWorkspace method.
    I am using the following java script to call up workspaces from icons on my desktop/taskbar. Would there be a way to incorporate the weblink into this?

var objLDLS = null;
    var e;
    // Get the existing instance of libronix
    try {objLDLS=GetObject("", "LibronixDLS.LbxApplication")}
    catch (e) {
    // There was no existing instance, open a new one.
    objLDLS = new ActiveXObject("LibronixDLS.LbxApplication");
    }
    finally {
    // Open the workspace you want
    var objXMLDOM = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
    objXMLDOM.load("C:\\Documents and Settings\\jdarlack\\My
    Documents\\Libronix DLS\\Workspaces\\NT.lbxwks");;
    objLDLS.LoadWorkspace(objXMLDOM,"");
    objLDLS.Visible = true;
    }

If you want to open the search dialog after loading the workspace, that
    can be done through the Application's ExecuteCommand method. (The
    libronixdls: protocol is just an easy way to call ExecuteCommand from a
    web browser.)

After calling LoadWorkspace, add a line similar to:

objLDLS.ExecuteCommand("dialog|name=SearchBasic|se arch=something");

What I have done is create a workspace that has the following open and
    linked together (Requires Logos 3): NA27; Passage Guide; Exegetical Guide. When I link in from BW via the NA27 it will automatically run the PG and EG. You can replace the NA27 with the KJV if you wish.

The key to the BW external link really lies in the power of being able to link together resources and save workspaces in Logos. I have a separate one setup for the OT, but if you use the KJV as your link in you only need the one workspace.
    Last edited by Greg Ward; 08-11-2006 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Updated August 22, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward
    See post# 13 or 27. One passes the passage to the Libronix search for a particular resource or one of your collections. The other passes the passage to a Libronix reporting function. It only passes the passage reference to Libronix. You must go in and manually hit Search or Generate to begin execution.
    Is this what you wanted?
    Thanks Greg, this and your other post are very helpful!
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones
    Thanks Greg, this and your other post are very helpful!
    Go to message 89 and look at John's instruction on using the passage guide. He linked the passage guide to the KJV in Logos and when you call up the KJV link in BW, it will open the passage guide to the verse(s) and find all of your resources on that reference. When I do it, it does not open to the passage but if I hit the link after Logos is open, it will go to the passage you select. I don't know what the deal is on that but it works perfectly when Logos is already open.
    Randy Davis, Pastor
    Trinity Baptist Church

www.trinitybaptistchurch.us

www.kudzuvine.org

Default zhubert

Not sure if anyone's interested, but here's a EL to zhubert.com

// External Link #29
    //
    [zhubert]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = http://www.zhubert.com/bible?book=<book>&chapter=<chapter>&verse=<verse>
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window All
    TextType = Bible Verse
    MapToVersion = KJV
    Lookup = Verse Reference
    MenuText = Look up verse at zhubert.com
    Enabled = 1