Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Default Problem Sending Hebrew Lemmas/Text via External Link Manager

I have tried several iterations with WTT and WTM, text and lemma to send Hebrew via the external link manager but only get the <dummy> parameter.

Unless I am doing something wrong, it looks like the hebrew is not being sent at all by the external link manager.

Has anyone successful sent hebrew text or lemma via the external link manager and if so could you post your parameters.

Thanks,
    DigitalSword

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSword
    I have tried several iterations with WTT and WTM, text and lemma to send Hebrew via the external link manager but only get the <dummy> parameter.

Unless I am doing something wrong, it looks like the hebrew is not being sent at all by the external link manager.

Has anyone successful sent hebrew text or lemma via the external link manager and if so could you post your parameters.

Thanks,
    DigitalSword
    DigitalSword (a.k.a John?),

No, Greek and Hebrew is not currently being sent via the External Links. At this time you are only able use verse reference type links or non-Greek/Hebrew language links. (i.e. non-Unicode).
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default Problem Sending Hebrew Lemmas/Text via External Link Manager

Yes, Joe its John GREETINGS!..I was able to get greek to fill the dummy parameter but not Hebrew...(perseus for example for Greek)...any other thoughts?

Default Halot

I bought HALOT from Brill. I can address it through Logos or directly from its own location on my HD. How can I best set it up so that it functions virtually as a dictionary linked with the Hebrew passages in BW7? Can I set External Links up so that I can highlight a word in a Hebrew passage and then access my HALOT? Could somebody help me how to set this up. I have never used External links before.

Here is the new Logos access (only in Logos 3.0 Beta 8). Fresh from the newsgroup.

In 3.0 Beta 8, we have added a TextKeyLink macro for use with BibleWorks' external links.

For example, to KeyLink on βίβλος, run:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*BI/BLOJ|lang=el|scheme=beta

The URL is
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink
    followed by additional parameters.

The possible parameters are:

text
    ====
    Put the text on which you want a KeyLink to run in this parameter. The encoding of the text is specified by the 'scheme' parameter; URL-encoded UTF-8 is the default.

Example:
    |text=<dummy>

scheme
    ======
    The 'scheme' parameter specifies how the 'text' parameter is encoded.
    Use 'beta' for Greek/Hebrew Beta code. If omitted, the scheme defaults to URL-encoded UTF-8.

Example:
    |scheme=beta

lang
    ====
    The 'lang' parameter specifies the language of the 'text' parameter. Any ISO language code is acceptable. Some common codes are
    en English
    el Greek
    he Hebrew
    x-arc Aramaic
    syr Syriac

Example:
    |lang=el

num
    ===
    The optional 'num' parameter specifies the number of KeyLink windows to open. The default is whatever your KeyLink options specify for the current language.

Example:
    |num=3

res
    ===
    The optional 'res' parameter specifies the resource to use. The default is whatever your KeyLink options specify for the current language. You can either give the internal resource ID, or the resource title enclosed in double quotes.

Example:
    |res="Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament"

Examples
    ========

Here are some complete examples:

libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=Moses|lang =en|res="Anchor"

libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*BI/BLOJ|lang=el|scheme=beta|res="Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament"
    So, start playing around with it!
    Ben

Default Backups

This is a cross post from the discussion on backups at
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...=6118#post6118
    but the info should be here as well.

To backup BW info with 7-zip, download it from www.7-zip.org and install it. Edit the paths below to match where you installed 7-zip, where you want your backup archive to be, and where the include file is located. The include file is a text file that lists all the files or directories you want to backup.

I'm still looking for what should be in the include file.

//
    // External Link #29
    //
    [Backup]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = c:\apps\7-zip\7z.exe
    Parameters = a -tzip c:\apps\bwbackup.zip -ir0@"c:\apps\bwinclude.txt"
    MenuLocation = External Resources
    TextType = NULL
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = NULL
    MenuText = Backup
    Enabled = 1

Default Help with Dictionary Link

Hi,

I'm trying to creat a link to http://buscon.rae.es/diccionario/drae.htm , which is a Spanish dictionary. The following entry gets me to the site ok, but I can't figure out how to pass the form <dummy> to the page.

//
    // External Link #17
    //
    [Real Academia]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = http://buscon.rae.es/diccionario/drae.htm
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window Other
    TextType = Latin Text
    MapToVersion = NULL
    Lookup = Form
    MenuText = Lookup in Spanish dictionary online
    Enabled = 1

Any ideas? OR

Is there any way to have the word autmatically saved to the clipboard, then I can just paste it in? (Obviously I can highlight it and right click or Ctrl-C, but ... )

Default ELM to BW Metzger's TC

I tried a couple of variations, but was not able to do more than simply open Metzger's TC in BW. Could someone post how to use the ELM to open Metzger's TC to the current verse?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by pingpongjedi
    I tried a couple of variations, but was not able to do more than simply open Metzger's TC in BW. Could someone post how to use the ELM to open Metzger's TC to the current verse?

Thanks,
    Wouldnt you simply go to the Resource Summary window?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Well, I thought that would work, but Metzger doesn't show up there. It is checked under the References tab. Tischendorf references show up, but Metzger doesn't. For instance, I was looking at Jude verse 5, and double-clicked on Jesus or Lord (depending on the translation). Metzger didn't show up, but Metzger does have an entry for Jude 5.