Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    According to the Tech Support Folks @ Zondervan/Pradis this is not possible.

Pradis is not able to receive external calls. This is a limitation of Pradis. I suggest flooding their email (Zondervan/Pradis) with requests for this function!
    Reason #158 of Why I Dislike Zondervan...
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones
    Reason #158 of Why I Dislike Zondervan...
    I thought I had a lot of reasons!
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Logos Beta has a tool called Bible Word Study. I would like to link from a BW word to this report. Any ideas or should I go to the Logos newsgroups for assistance?

Thanks,

John Fidel

Here is a link for the Bible Word Study report in Logos Beta 3.0.

There is still a problem with Greek/Hebrew as the lemma is coming over to the report in English text. Perhaps someone could play with it as this is a very cool report.

Use Form/Greek Text/Browse Window All/Null

libronixdls:report|ActiveWord=<dummy>|LemmaLang=|R esourceID=|name=Libronix.BibleStudy.BibleWordStudy

Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Perhaps the what one program thinks is Greek the other thinks is English.

John Fidel

However, the passage is not being copied to the passage space in Brand X so the guides are not actually run.

So, I think these are close, but they need a bit more...[/quote]

Joe,

I would suggest that we are working too hard trying to generate links in BW, when the possible solution is to create a workspace in Logos that has the the Passage Guide, The Exegetical Guide and the NA27 open and linked together using the link function.

Then using the BW external link to the Logos NA27, Logos will run the Passage Guide and the Exegetical Guide on the verse.

Lastly, commentaries can also be open and linked, but they will be available in the Passage Guide. This keeps things simple. I hope this helps further the linking process.

John Fidel

Quote Originally Posted by guilford
    Joe,
    Thank you for your pointers. It sounds like number 2 will be really easy to do, which is great. I was hoping to find a nice way to implement number 1, but it sounds like that might not be possible. I don't think that individual links for each book is really going to be useful to me, especially when I think about doing the WBC (58 volumes!). Still, having number 2 implemented for each commentary set that I have, plus having a link to the Anchor Bible Dictionary will be really nice features when my copy of BW7 arrives. Thank you for your help.
    Brad
    Is there really now way of getting this to work? I also have WBC on Libronix and I would love to get it linked to BW. I am able to make a link to one book at a time but I really don't want 58 different links.

Maybe there is still some possibility to make one link to work for all the commentaries

Or how about making the "menu location" to include options for every book in the bible separately. Then one could make a link for each volume in a commentary set and make them appear only in certain book in the browse window (I know, it would probably make the program too complicated )

I have a workspace I leave open, with the NRSV, BHS, and commentaries. All are linked to each other. When I want to see the commentary, I use BW to pass the bible reference. Logos opens the Bible to the right passage and the commentaries follow, automatically opening the correct volumes.

I think the code for this is already posted, you just have to create the workspace with the links.
    Ben

Thanks, that was helpful!

It works nicely

I could even make libronix to always open on a certain workspace, so it doesn't have to be open before clicking the link.

How do you make it open to a particular workspace?
    Ben

tools -> options -> general -> check the radio button to "load workspace" and choose the one you want to load.