Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Actually, I think you can do #1 easily as well, with a different command.
    Treat it like a keylink, and you can specify the resource you want it to open in.

libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=(Libronix internal resource name, with no parenthesis)

You find the resource name through making that resource the active window, then HELP>ABOUT THIS RESOURCE. The resource name is what's listed in the file address under resource location, minus other file info. eg. The Oxford Bible commentary shows F:\Libronix\Resources\OXBIBCOM.LSF, so the name you'd want at the end of the command above is OXBIBCOM.
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=OXBIBCOM

However, as Joe says, you'd either have to create 12 links. Hey, may be it can be done with a collection too.

Make a collection of your selected commentary, name it, and use that name in this. I have to get off line, but I'll test it and see if it works.

keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|col=
    Ben

The second one doesn't work, at least, not the way I've set it up. (It opens a bible to the reference instead, because that's what my bible reference keylinks are set to.)
    Ben

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman
    You find the resource name through making that resource the active window, then HELP>ABOUT THIS RESOURCE. The resource name is what's listed in the file address under resource location, minus other file info. eg. The Oxford Bible commentary shows F:\Libronix\Resources\OXBIBCOM.LSF, so the name you'd want at the end of the command above is OXBIBCOM.
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=OXBIBCOM
    Thanks for clarifying how to find the resource name. I hadn't yet figured that one out. That makes life much easier
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Hi Mark,

Go to tools - Define Collections within Libronix.

You can create a Collection which is a combination of any "books" you have in Libronix and the give it a name.

For this feature to work w/ BW don't put any spaces or other odd characters in the name of your Libronix collection.
    Thanks. When I did what you suggested I see that at some time in the distant past I had already set up the "collection" I intend to use. I had just forgotten the name I had given it. I still had the problem that when ...x opens, to do a "Basic Search" it always opened to the last work in that library that I had searched, not to the one that BW asks it to search. I guess the problem was that I had a space between the two words in the collection name. Once I deleted the space in both ...x and in BW, it seems to work correctly. Hopefully this will help get better use out of both programs.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 02-08-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Sorry to have so many questions about this, but does anyone know if it is possible to launch a "Passage Guide", "Exegetical Guide", or "Word Study Guide" for a particular passage using the external links manager? I asked a question earlier about linking directly to specific commentary sets, and while that doesn't appear to be possible, being able to launch a Passage Guide will execute relatively quickly and give me a link to the right place in each commentary, which would be a huge step in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by guilford
    Sorry to have so many questions about this, but does anyone know if it is possible to launch a "Passage Guide", "Exegetical Guide", or "Word Study Guide" for a particular passage using the external links manager?
    Sorry that I'm not in the know about this. All I know is what I've gotten from the Libronix "experts" and employees on their newsgroups. So, if you don't get an answer here, you may be better off asking the Logos folks directly. You could then report your findings!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Close, but not quite

Quote Originally Posted by guilford
    Sorry to have so many questions about this, but does anyone know if it is possible to launch a "Passage Guide", "Exegetical Guide", or "Word Study Guide" for a particular passage using the external links manager? I asked a question earlier about linking directly to specific commentary sets, and while that doesn't appear to be possible, being able to launch a Passage Guide will execute relatively quickly and give me a link to the right place in each commentary, which would be a huge step in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Brad
    Passage Guide:

libronixdls:report|action=none|collection=All%2520 Unlocked%2520Commentaries|collectionList=Journals% 3B|enableCollections=true|enableCommentaries=true| enableCompareVersions=true|enableCrossReferences=t rue|enableMaps=true|enableMusic=true|enableParalle lPassages=true|enableTopics=true|name=ReportPassag eGuide|passage=bible."<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"

Exegetical Guide:

libronixdls:report|bible=LLS%3A1.0.318|keyLinkCoun t=5|name=ReportExegeticalGuide|passage="<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|rareCount=50|showGlosses=yes|sh owKeyLinks=yes|showParsings=yes|showRare=no

On my system the above two commands will open the Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide respectively with all my options checked.

However, the passage is not being copied to the passage space in Brand X so the guides are not actually run.

So, I think these are close, but they need a bit more...
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Jim,
    I didn't know about the Logos newsgroups. Thanks for pointing them out to me. I posted my queries over there and I will report back to this thread if I come up with anything useful.
    Brad

Question What about Pradis?

How would I configure a link to Pradis in order to open a passage in the Expositor's Bible Commentary?

I'm not a programmer, so plain english would be helpful..
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Default Pradis Not Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones
    How would I configure a link to Pradis in order to open a passage in the Expositor's Bible Commentary?

I'm not a programmer, so plain english would be helpful..
    According to the Tech Support Folks @ Zondervan/Pradis this is not possible.

Pradis is not able to receive external calls. This is a limitation of Pradis. I suggest flooding their email (Zondervan/Pradis) with requests for this function!
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;