Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: BibleWorks 7.0 External Links Manager

Default LSJ and Lewis&Short lexicons: Link to Diogenes

I just posted on my blog about a great, free program called Diogenes that puts the LSJ Greek-English lexicon (the Great Scott edition!) and the Lewis-Short Latin lexicon on your computer.
    I do have the external links for Greek and Latin into the Perseus web site (and there remain advantages for using the web site... if it is working), but if anyone uses or installs Diogenes and knows how to pass parameters from BW7 to it, I would appreciate it if you share it here.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default E-Sword

I followed your instructions to open E-Sword with BW7. I could open E-Sword but cannot get it to go to the chapter and verse that I'm at in BW. In fact, I've been having that problem with Logos as well with the commentaries I would like to open from BW. Any suggestions?

Default Linking to NIV 2010

The new NIV 2010 (or are they going to call it 2011? I can't tell...) is now online at BibleGateway. I am guessing that BW may try to incorporate it into their package at some point and replace the current NIV 1984. In the meantime, you can use the External Links manager to jump to it online.
    Note that the full link line should read:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=<book>%20<chapter>%3A<verse>&version=NIV
    (<< and make sure there are no spaces in there)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools