Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BW7 & Integration with other programs...

Talking Links Manager question

Do you suppose if this would work, could I also link BW to a program like E-Sword? There is something here i've never thought of before. I have a Unicorn program I use to print Hebrew, as an example. Anyone please feel free to answer this question, thanks.
    Jim T.

Quote Originally Posted by James H. Tifft
    Do you suppose if this would work, could I also link BW to a program like E-Sword? There is something here i've never thought of before. I have a Unicorn program I use to print Hebrew, as an example. Anyone please feel free to answer this question, thanks.
    Jim T.
    See the following thread for a examples of E-Sword and other links:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1158
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Try as I might, I can't create a link to TDNT (full or abridged) in Logos. Has anyone else tried it?

Greetings,

The Greek/Hebrew form and lemma do not link to Logos. You will need to be a bit creative to get these to possibly work. Here are a few options:

1. Both the TDNT and TDNTA are tagged with English topics as well as Greek. You can link the English text to either of these, however, that is not what is probably preferred.

2. The second option is to link to logos by bible verse and then by creating a logos workspace and some linking, you should be able to access the resources you want. You can link to the NA27 and from there keylink on the word to get to the TDNT or TDNTA. The NA27 link is already built in BW for you.

3. The last option is to write a program that translates from BW to Logos for the original languages, which I have no idea how to do.

I hope this helps,

John Fidel

As a follow up, if you open both TDNT and TDNTA in Logos and link them then use the following settings you can link to English words.. as stated above not ideal, but an option.
    [TDNTA]

Operation = Open

Directory = NULL

File = libronixdls:jump|ref=[en]topic:<dummy>|res=LLS:46.10.1

Parameters = NULL

MenuLocation = Browse Window English

TextType = Latin Text

MapToVersion = NULL

Lookup = Form

MenuText = Logos TDNTA

Enabled = 1

It is linking to the english, not the Greek however.

John Fidel
    Last edited by jfidel; 02-20-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Thank you, John. I chose #2 and it works like a charm. Thanks again.

Default Linking from Greek!

There is a better way to do it, as of Logos 3, apparently.

Try the following:
    Code:
    [Look up in Logos TDNT]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|lang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window Greek
    TextType = Greek Text
    MapToVersion = KJV
    Lookup = Lemma
    MenuText = TDNT
    Enabled = 1
    Last edited by hudsonhauck; 01-29-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Changed "Form" to "Lemma"

Whoops. Change "Form" to "Lemma" in previous post.

Default How did you do that?

Mr. Darlack
    How did you set up that page?

Arthur Fox

Default BibleWorks and Wordseach Integration

This not so much a reply but a question concerning BibleWorks and WordSearch integration

This question may appear to be stupid but I’m from the school that says that the only stupid questions are those that are never asked. Are there any command-line switches or parameters that can be used when launching WordSearch 7 or 8 that would allow me to open to a particular desktop and/or passage of scripture?

Here is the reason for my question: I am trying to make the most efficient use of my Bible Study resources. Unfortunately, they are scattered among three main programs, WordSearch, Libronix and BibleWorks. I cannot afford to duplicate my books so I am forced to use a particular program often for the sole reason that it contains the study resource desired.

There are many time when using BibleWorks that I want to access resource materials in either WordSearch or Libronix. I am trying to create a context menu selection in BibleWorks like I have setup for Libronix that would enable me to right-click on a passage in any English language Bible (NIV, KJV, NASB, NLT, etc.) and select a menu option that says “Open Verse in WordSearch.” I found this easy to do with Libronix, allowing me to open my Libronix resources to the same passage that I have open in BibleWorks without manually having to launch Libronix and select a passage for study.

However, whenever I click on my context menu selection in BibleWorks in order to open WordSearch to the equivalent passage it opens WordSearch fine but not to the desktop or verse I desire. I need some way to pass this information to WordSearch.

In WordSearch I have a particular desktop set up for Bible Study and I’d like to be able to launch WordSearch from within BibleWorks and have it open my WordSearch Bible study desktop with the bibles open to the same verse I’m studying in BibleWorks.

I would also ask this same question about Quickverse 2006 and the soon to be released Quickverse 2008. While I don't use Quickverse nearly as much as I use BibleWorks, Libronix and WordSearch, I do have a large STEP library that I could benifit from having access to.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Last edited by sdbpastor; 11-15-2007 at 10:36 AM.