Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 7- The teaser

Default Prices

Quote Originally Posted by alan1979
    any idea the price to upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0?

alan
    Upgrade from 6 to 7 = $150.00

Upgrade from 5 to 7 = $175.00

Full purchase of 7.0 = $349.00

Some will notice this being the first increase in price in over 10 years and it is a slight increase in that.

To be honest the program is worth much more and Mike and company deserve much more. They are true servants of the church!
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    Shouldn't be a problem. I stopped using the editor in BW6 because it was so unreliable.
    Thanks. So, you didn't convert any existing notes? I know many (myself included) are concerned as to how our existing notes will be converted/transferred into the New, Improved editor. You don't know,then?

Howbowchoo, Joe the Fleener?
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Default Converting Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips
    Thanks. So, you didn't convert any existing notes? I know many (myself included) are concerned as to how our existing notes will be converted/transferred into the New, Improved editor. You don't know,then?

Howbowchoo, Joe the Fleener?
    Hi Dan,

Yes I converted Notes from BW 6.0 along with several waves of testing various note formats. I never found a problem.

For as long as I can remember the notes in BibleWorks have simply been RTF files with a .bww extension.

This is still the case. The notes are still RTF files, but the functions in the BW editor have been vastly upgraded and improved to take advantage of all the functionality within the RTF format.

This being the case there is no problem reading/converting old BW notes since they are still the same format.

Hope that makes sense.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default Beta was great but Gold is Better!

The Beta period was great.
    I've just got to let the cat a little further out and tell everyone to expect a modified default screen layout.
    I've posted a screenshot in the "Cool New Screen Layouts" area.

More over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Hi Dan,

Yes I converted Notes from BW 6.0 along with several waves of testing various note formats. I never found a problem.
    Ditto. Even if BW changed formats (which as Joe said wasn't the case) notes would still be viewable through Word or any other editor that opens RTF files. It's to BW credit I think that their editor uses that format.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Converting User Notes from 6 to 7

There is really no conversion process. Both are in RTF. The difference is that the 7 files are written in RTF by Microsoft instead of BibleWorks.

There is however a difference in the way Hebrew is handled. If you wrote sections of left-erapped Hebrew in the BW 6 editor, these sections will not come across as left-wrapped Hebrew. The new editor is based on the Microsoft Rich Edit control (like WordPad but geatly enhanced), which cannot do left-wrapped non-Unicode text. The new editor supports left-wrapped Hebrew, but ONLY in Unicode fonts (the SIL and SBL fonts come with BW7). This is the only real incompatibility between 6 and 7. It's an unfortunate price of progress but should not affect many people. If it is an issue for some, they will have to go in an manually insert line breaks in the Hebrew.

Mike

Default New Release...Targumim in English?

Hey guys,

Will BW7 include an English translation of the Targumim?

Thanks
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj sou

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill
    Hey guys,

Will BW7 include an English translation of the Targumim?

Thanks
    Sorry, not yet. We do have English translations for the Qumran Mss (Biblical and Sectarian) in the works though, hopefully before the end of the year.

Mike

Default English Translations of the Targums

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    Sorry, not yet. We do have English translations for the Qumran Mss (Biblical and Sectarian) in the works though, hopefully before the end of the year.

Mike
    Well, then, are you saying, Mike, there's no hope we might see English translations of the Targums (e.g., T&T Clarks' The Aramaic Bible) in BW7 before the end of this year?

Default Aramaic Bible

Quote Originally Posted by tfjern
    Well, then, are you saying, Mike, there's no hope we might see English translations of the Targums (e.g., T&T Clarks' The Aramaic Bible) in BW7 before the end of this year?
    Not saying that at all. But we don't have a license yet and we have a lot of things in the works with a small staff working on them.

Mike