Thread: Trenchard's Complete Vocab Guide to the NT and the BW Flashcard module

Default Trenchard's Complete Vocab Guide to the NT and the BW Flashcard module

Has anyone taken the time to put the information from Trenchard's Complete Vocab Guide to the NT into the BW Flashcard module? The only way it would be worthwhile would be if the information were divided up into several-page segments. E.g., my professor has assigned agaqoj to anti for our first vocab quiz.

I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd ask on behalf of me and my classmates.

One idea for any BW developers: The Flaschard module needs a "command line" where you can type in the first letters of a word so you can find it quickly in the list.

Mark

This has not been done, but BW does have the complete Greek New Testament vocabulary which comes with it. That list can be arranged different ways through the vocab module. Essentially it would be doing what Trenchard does in so far as you can get a list of words by frequency. But there are no lists by cognate word groups or anything. You can reorder the list. You can also change or add definitions thru the module.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile

Another BW user and I are just going to filter the big list down to those words occurring 30 or fewer times (or so--below that threshhold our vocabulary knowledge dips), export that list into Excel, and use Ctrl+F to find the words we want to keep. Then we'll cut and paste those into a new list and re-import that into BibleWorks.

If BW could search its own list, we wouldn't have to circumlocute. Maybe BW7 will do that!

Mark

Exclamation

I'm still not following entirely what it is you want to do. Do you just want to recreate all of Trenchard's list down to 30x freq. and add his definitions? You could do this in the Vocab module by sorting the GNT vocabulary by frequency and then click on the words to add/modify definitons. If you do this, back up a copy of the old GNT vocab under a different name and then you can change this file into something different and save your modifications to the base file. Sorry if that's not making complete sense, i'm tired
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

It's not that hard to create custom vocabulary lists. With BW6 I've taken the vocab file for Hebrew and I search through it to find the words used in my Hebrew class. Haven't finished it yet, eager to look at BW7's list and work with that instead, but if you want a completely custom vocab list, it's not that hard to do.
    M.Div Candidate, Beeson Divinity School
    http://www.musterion.net/