Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targum Pseudo Jonathan on the Pentateuch in English

Exclamation Targum Pseudo Jonathan on the Pentateuch in English

Targum Pseudo Jonathan on the Pentateuch has been made available to BW users by John Ronning, Lecturer in Hebrew and Old Testament at John Wycliffe Theological College.

The source information is as follows:

PJE Targum Pseudo Jonathan on the Pentateuch

An English translation compiled and adapted by John Ronning from source files at the Newsletter for Targumic and Cognate Studies (http://www.tulane.edu/%7Entcs/pj/psjon.htm). Original text from J. W. Etheridge, The Targums of Onkelos and Jonathan ben Uzziel on the Pentateuch: with the fragments of the Jerusalem Targum (London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1862-1865).

Report any errors to jronning at wycliffe dot edu.

Download the zipped files here: http://oldinthenew.org/bibleworks/pje.zip
    If the zipped files do not unzip correctly, try downloading the individual files from here: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/pje/
    Last edited by jdarlack; 01-06-2006 at 07:55 AM.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default ZIP file error

I tried to download, but I get a ZIP file compression error.
    EDIT: >> Just found files that do download and install correctly at your other posting here:
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130
    Last edited by MGVH; 01-05-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default Zip file error???

Sorry about the error, Mark. I've zipped the files using both Microsoft's native zipper and WinZip and both come out corrupted for some reason! I can't figure out why.

Here's the link to the non-zipped individual files, for those who are wondering: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/pje/

Default Targum Onkelos?

Is there going to be a release of Onkelos?

Thanks

JP
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Red face Onkelos?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill
    Is there going to be a release of Onkelos?
    I'm not sure. If someone edits the files found here, and "versifies" the text so that it could be put into BibleWorks format, then the answer is "Yes." Unfortunately no one has taken up the task as far as I know...

Default Onkelos

I have started the process of placing Onkelos into the proper text format. I have completed the first 28 chapters of Genesis. Is there anyone out there who would like to work on one of the other four books?

We could have all of Onkelos completed in a few days!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm working on Plato's Works for BW, so that consumes my "free time". But I do want to encourage you to keep up the work. Bibleworks has a lot of these fun bonus features thanks to users like you
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Talking Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill
    I have started the process of placing Onkelos into the proper text format. I have completed the first 28 chapters of Genesis. Is there anyone out there who would like to work on one of the other four books?

We could have all of Onkelos completed in a few days!
    Let me echo Mike Hanel's comments! This is fantastic Jay! Unfortunately I can't get on this project right now. I've got a thesis looming over my head... But nonetheless, keep up the good work.

If there's anyone out there who can help, please join in!

Thanks for the kind words. I do need to familiarize myself with Plato. I will keep working on this in my free time...or I will neglect to work upon my own thesis (Good Excuse ). Genesis should be done in a few days. I have also compiled the Jerusalem fragments into the BW format. I have only Deverim to finish.

JP

Default How do I post my Jerusalem Targum Frag?

I have finished the Jerusalem Fragments. What do I need to do to post the files?