Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paragraphs?

Cool Wow

Wow! Such quick response!

Much thanks and props to the BibleWorks staff for responding so quickly! I was looking into Accordance recently (mainly for NIDNTT) and I realized how expensive it is, and how much value BibleWorks really offers at a comparatively cheap cost.

So, thanks again BW!

-Matt

PS. I also vote for being able to see varying paragraph markers per version. And if we're going to have an option for "global", you might as well let us choose which scheme will be the global one. =)

Default Toggle the paragraph markers

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    I could easily make the paragraph markers toggleable. Any interest in this?
    I would definitely want and on/off toggle for the verse paragraph markers.

Also, if we're doing paragraphing, I would like to see it it conform to the edition--actually I would rather imagine that the publishers of the various versions would want/require that. If some want a global paragraphing scheme, that too could be nice.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

There already is a toggle for the paragraph markers.

Tools --> Options --> Browse Window Configuration Options --> "Show Paragraph Markers"

Default Paragraph view mode and export with paragraph options

Quote Originally Posted by vr8ce View Post
    Thank you very much for the addition of the markers -- it is excellent. I don't suppose there's a way we could get at least browse view (well, whatever the view is that only shows one version at a time) to show the text in paragraph form, i.e. without starting a new verse on a new line. I suspect that's a major change, but "you do not have because you do not ask".

Thanks again, Mike.

Vince
    That probably requires a few more strokes of the programming pen, however, I would think it might be easy to edit the Export Text Option somehow so that it becomes possible to Export with Paragraphs an option. That would be cool.

However, until then, it is a relatively quick fix in Word to do a find and replace macro to go from paragraph marks to real paragraph form.

Do a Replace all for "¶" replaced with "^p ^t"
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Toggle from the keyboard rather than menus

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonhauck View Post
    There already is a toggle for the paragraph markers.
    Tools --> Options --> Browse Window Configuration Options --> "Show Paragraph Markers"
    But it would be nice if there were a keystroke to do that rather than diving a few layers into a menu. Like we do with Strongs notes, the cantillation, and so forth.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default Toggles

What I meant was to have each verse toggleable.

We do intend to add a specific paragraph markers for major versions, if the publishers will provide us with the info - oddly they don't always do so. It'll just take time. We are swamped and have very limited resources.
    Mike

Default Replacing Paragraph Markers

Michael Hanel said:

However, until then, it is a relatively quick fix in Word to do a find and replace macro to go from paragraph marks to real paragraph form.

Do a Replace all for "" replaced with "^p
    ^t"

When copying to a word document with internal verse numbers, the paragraph marker shows up after the verse number. So, when I do a global search and replace, I'm left with dangling verse numbers at the end of the preceding paragraph.

Do you know of some way to avoid this? I've tried a recording a keyboard macro. It works but it's tedious.

Having paragraphs is a great feature!

Quote Originally Posted by terogs View Post
    Michael Hanel said:

Do a Replace all for "" replaced with "^p
    ^t"

When copying to a word document with internal verse numbers, the paragraph marker shows up after the verse number. So, when I do a global search and replace, I'm left with dangling verse numbers at the end of the preceding paragraph.

Do you know of some way to avoid this? I've tried a recording a keyboard macro. It works but it's tedious.

Having paragraphs is a great feature!
    I don't readily have a solution to this one. Perhaps someone else? I guess when I exported text I didn't include verse numbers, so I didn't even think about the paragraph/verse number issue.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile Very Cool!

I'm really looking forward to using this feature. THANK YOU!

I'd like to second the request for a way to export these to the clipboard as actual paragraph breaks if that's resonably done. That would make them even more useful! But let's end on the thank you!

--Steve
    Steve Whitney, pastor
    Trinity Presbyterian Church

1500 Park Blvd.
    West Sacramento, CA 95691

church: www.TrinityWestSac.org
    blog: www.UndercoverPastor.com

This is definitely a great addition.

I will reiterate (as unnecessary as that is) the desire to see the different paragraph marks with at least the major versions - but especially with BNT (NA27). EG, Mark 1:7 begins a new, and very short, paragraph in NA27 which is not in the RSV. The differences aren't numerous, but there noticable.

Those with GNT4 at hand (mines in storage in Oz) can simply compare paragraph differences in the apparatus. It's about the only thing I miss in NA27 and would make a great addition to BW.