Thread: Lost lines in Browse Mode anyone?

Default Lost lines in Browse Mode anyone?

I lose lines of text while using my scroll wheel on my MS mouse to read text in browse mode. I can't say if it happens outside of the NASB, but it happened when I had xp and now it happens in vista. It did this on my gateway notebook and it is now doing it on my hp notebook. I have the latest version of BW with the latest program patch. It has done this for years. I have tried to describe this to customer service but apparently they cannot reduplicate it or no one else has said anything.

Does anyone else have this problem? If you then select the missing lines they rewrite on the screen. At first I thought it was a video card problem but I am having the same issues on my new computer with a new OS.

Default Aha! I knew I couldn't be alone

I thought it was the video card also, but this has happened to me in two computers, one with xp and one with vista. The current computer does share RAM but has 4G of RAM which is more than adequate for any AV applications. So I don't think it is the shared RAM.

I only read the NASB in browse mode. Is this happening for you with another translation?

Quote Originally Posted by craigrolinger View Post
    I lose lines of text while using my scroll wheel on my MS mouse to read text in browse mode. I can't say if it happens outside of the NASB,
    I get this from time to time, outside the NASB as well. I use to think that it was a direct consequence of way too little coffee. I've tested this hypothesis to be false. I solve the problem now by quickly (only takes a few seconds) rebooting BW.

Default A Caffeine Problem

I don't think it is a lack of coffee either. I poured an entire cup of coffe on my key board and it did nothing to solve the problem!

My thought is that if I can demonstrate that this is a common issue for many users different computer and OS's it might help the BW staff to address the issue in a future patch. If I knew it was just me and my computer, I would not pursue it any further.
    Last edited by craigrolinger; 05-09-2008 at 01:22 PM.

I don't think it is a lack of coffee either. I poured an entire cup of coffe on my key board and it did nothing to solve the problem!
    Hilarious!

My thought is that if I can demonstrate that this is a common issue for many users different computer and OS's it might help the BW staff to address the issue in a future patch. If I knew it was just me and my computer, I would not pursue it any further.
    This could very well be a common thing, I just don't know. If you generate more discussion on video cards, I'd be very interested. I'm always changing the settings on mine when recording with Camtasia and then projecting power points and Veggie Tale DVDs. I need a speed-dial toggle-switch on my hardware accelerator.